cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wife's phone just got stolen. I need to freeze her account for her.

izac55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I do this? There doesn't appear to be any emergency number to call. I keep on getting redirected to a login screen she doesn't know the password for and MFA goes to the stolen phone.

6 REPLIES 6

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since the phone was stolen I would recommend changing all passwords that she may have used and save on that phone. Like her email and bank account

@Meow wrote:

Click on Manage Subscription

Toggle off Subscribed

Meow_0-1719266301586.png

Disabling autopay doesn't freeze someone's account/doesn't diactivate the service.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@izac55 

you can dial this number from any phone then enter her number. From there, listen to the prompts until remove autopay. At least that will suspend future plan renewal until you get a new phone and sim.  (Don't start a new account, just update the new sim number in her account)

1-855-478-2542... 1-855-4PUBLIC

simmm.jpg

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Click on Manage Subscription

Toggle off Subscribed

Meow_0-1719266301586.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @izac55 

if she does not know the password, she needs to ask support agent to help to set the account to Lost/Stolen.  Message support here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@izac55 

don't even know the password to the login? tried Change password?  if you can change the password, you can then use "Didn't receive code" and then ask to send the MFA to the email

if not, then you will have to ask support for help.  Click on the Chatbot icon on the lower right

Need Help? Let's chat.