cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation mode

Lucka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to put my phone into a vacation mode for two month. How can I do that?

3 REPLIES 3

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Simply done by just enabling the lost stolen feature. That was one of  my  questions and the advice CS agent gave me when I first set up my account.

@softech wrote:

@Lucka 

only way to pause the account is to turn off Autopay

I'm going to add one condition to the above.  If there is already enough funds in the Public Mobile available account balance at the time of the time of the regular renewal, disabling autopay will not stop the plan from renewing.

@Lucka 

only way to pause the account is to turn off Autopay

Remember,  PM only allows the account to be suspended for 90 days or your account will be permanently closed, and you will loss the number. (if you just go for 2 months, you should be fine)

Here is what you can do (assuming your Available fund = $0)

1. Login to My Account and disable "Subscribed" from Payment page (Payment page, Managed Subscription, toggle off the "Subscribed" there
  2.  On the next renewal date, since pre-authorized payment is disabled, it won't be renewed.    
  3.  When you are back from vacation, just login My Account (you might need to use email to receive the 2FA) and reactivate the service by making a manual payment.  
  4. You might also want to toggle on Subscribed again to turn on Autopay
Need Help? Let's chat.