cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My tablet thinks my SIMM card carrier is Telus??

sulpouce8262
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently got an android tablet as a gift but when I put my SIMM in it, it identifies the carrier of my number as Telus and I just can't connect to the system? Am I missing something because I retried it on my phone to make sure and it works fine with my Samsung...

14 REPLIES 14

HI @sulpouce8262   are you connecting in 3G?  I thought your version has no LTE.  Voice should work if you are on 3G and you have data working on 3G.   

What exact model number is that again?  Check the About from the Settings

sulpouce8262

Ya, I have dual SIM version. Checked some details and you all were right, I think it recognized the data signal only, not the voice... Ho well, not quite the result or what I wanted, but it's still a pretty good tablet!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That site also suggest dual-sim. Did you try both slots? Some phones can even be some trouble to get going.

sulpouce8262

Thanks for your help all; I assumed it would be as easy as setting up a phone....guess not!!!! lol

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Jb456: That site would suggest that it would do 3G fine here. Just no 4G.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@sulpouce8262  Other sites indicate the table is 2g and some indicate it's 2 and 3g but with limited spec's like link below.

https://www.imei.info/phonedatabase/mediatek-kt107/

But if you get bits and pieces from all different sites and combine them together. It  comes to. The tablet is NOT  compatible with Public Mobile networks. Sorry!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Seems that's not a cell model. Are you sure about that model name?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@sulpouce8262  I found a KT107H tablet link below.

https://www.pdevice.com/product/kt107h-3g-specs/amp/

If It's that table it will not work on Public Mobile as it does not have the right frequencies.

Screenshot_20220325-190956_Chrome.jpg

I doubt that's the tablet. 

Will continue trying to search for you........

sulpouce8262

APN are new to me; I,ll do some research and see what I can understand and try and change or add it. I'll let you know if I have any results.

@sulpouce8262 wrote:

I think it's just a generic android, Mediatek KT107 with Android version 8.1...

I could not find it on Mediatek site. Must be older model. Try watching few youtube videos (I was able to find, so you can too for sure) maybe somebody explains how to utilize SIM.

See if you can access and modify APN settings as advised but do not be disappointed if it will not work with SIM. You can always utilize WiFi and voip apps.

@sulpouce8262 wrote:

I wanted to use it mostly for texts and such... although calls would be nice, that way i could check messages and such.

Hi @sulpouce8262   But can you update the APN as suggested above?  Either update on the current APN profile or create a new one. 

Yes, if you have the proper messaging app , maybe Google Message, you can receive SMS.   I am not sure about calls.  i think you might have to sideload proper calling app

sulpouce8262

I wanted to use it mostly for texts and such... although calls would be nice, that way i could check messages and such.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Does your SIM work properly in your phone? Do you have all services as expected while in the phone?

What brand/model is your Tablet? They are usually not used as a phones so they might be somehow confused what did you plug in. Telus owns PM so maybe there is some misinterpretation which SIM is in?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@sulpouce8262 Telus owns Public Mobile and Koodo. Can you go in your settings of tablet (with the sim card in) and try searching for other networks to see if PM comes up? 

Otherwise you'll have to manually change the APN settings in your tablet. Add a new APN to the tablet with the below settings Provider the table is compatible with PM frequency for it to work.

Screenshot_20220325-184753_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220325-184805_Settings.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.