cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having trouble setting up my new account

pjfcurran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having trouble setting up a new account.  I believe it has accepted my payment, but I have not been asked about porting my old number over from my previous carrier.  

An now when I login, the system thinks I am in the middle of signing up.  It requests my payment info and reference code - and when I submit payment it complains with an error.  I have no way of knowing whether an account has been setup for me.

11 REPLIES 11

pjfcurran

A quick update:

• my acount is active
  • extra charges have been reversed

Thanks again for your help.

pjfcurran

Thanks for your guidance

@pjfcurran 

Try to put your physical sim in a phone and see if it connects to PM network.  if it connects, try BOTH incoming and outgoing calls

if it does not connect to PM network at all, I think the account was not fully activated yet and the sim likely not provisioned yet.  But it is a simple fix for PM support, just message them (but they might not reply until tomorrow morning).  Please message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

pjfcurran

No, it's a physical SIM

@pjfcurran 

are you trying to activate eSIM?

pjfcurran

I did as you advised and downloaded the app.  It did continue with the activation, and it allowed me to transfer my number over.  However, the activation failed on the second to last step.  I have received a response from my previous carrier about the number transfer, to which I provided conformation.

Is there not a technical support number I can call to address this.  I will need also to reverse the two credit card charges that should not have occurred.

@pjfcurran 

if you have not used the app yet, you have not completed the activation yet. 

After you download the login the PM app, it will continue the activation process.  It will let you to choose new or request porting.  If porting, please provide the phone number and your account number of your old provider

After that step, the app will try to install the eSIM for you.  PM will also send you the QR code with the Welcome email just in case you need to manually install the eSIM

pjfcurran

I also no longer have access to the QR code to download the app

pjfcurran

will this give me the option to port my old number over?  An I would have to use my existing carrier to do this, no?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pjfcurran , if your credit card has already been debited, don't proceed with attempts to activate.  Use this link to reach out to support.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pjfcurran 

sound like you were using only the browser to activate

After the payment , you will need to continue the activation by using the app.  Please download PM app, then login using the email and password you setup earlier and then complete the activation (pick a new number or port in number will be done with the app)

Need Help? Let's chat.