cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim wont actually work for some reason

Ethanc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought it and tried to set it up but it wont read or something because it just says sos only and I picked a number but it wont work and I need a 6 fidget code from said number to activate my data

5 REPLIES 5

jackbiden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you're experiencing issues setting up your new Public Mobile service and you're seeing an "SOS only" message on your phone, it usually means that your phone is not properly connected to the cellular network. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check SIM card installation: Make sure the SIM card is inserted correctly in your phone. Refer to your phone's manual or the Public Mobile website for instructions on how to properly insert the SIM card.

2. Verify coverage in your area: Ensure that Public Mobile has coverage in your location. You can visit the Public Mobile website or contact their customer support to confirm the availability of service in your area.

3. Restart your phone: Try restarting your phone to refresh the network connections and see if that helps establish a proper connection.

4. Manually select the network: Go to your phone's network settings and try manually selecting the Public Mobile network. This can sometimes help in situations where the phone is having trouble automatically connecting to the correct network.

5. Contact Public Mobile customer support: If the issue persists, it's best to reach out to Public Mobile customer support directly. Visit their website and look for the contact information, such as a support phone number or email address, to get in touch with them. Explain the problem you're facing and provide them with the necessary details. They should be able to assist you further and provide any required activation codes.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ethanc 

You need the 2FA code when you are trying to login to your account. Not related to SIM activation…reboot your phone by powering off then power back on.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Ethanc 

Try the newly activated SIM card in another (known to be working) device to ensure the issue isn't device-related.

That may also trigger the service to begin working.

Also, rebooting device, resetting network connections, toggling airplane mode on and off sometimes helps...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ethanc   

Try to reseat your sim card?  Power off the phone, take sim card out for a minute and put it back in and power up

if you just activated, the SOS could be the sim was not properly provisioned.  It is an easy fix for PM support, you just need to open ticket to engage them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ethanc  Please message support to reset your account 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.