cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My postal code isn't in the system

DougBreukelman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't go through the steps if subscribing bc the public mobile system doesn't have my postal code. I know I'm formatting it correctly.

27 REPLIES 27

cilestin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They said it wasn't possible. I guess then there's no other way for me. I'll just order SIM cards from other places for my parents that I was trying to activate for. Thanks for all your suggestions and help though. 

cilestin

Perhaps I should do that. The CS agent is claiming that the plans I've chosen (and I've tried it with every single one of them) are invalid and that's why the problem is happening. I'm going to see if I can contact a different CS agent and go through what you're suggesting. Thanks 🙂

@cilestin in this case, maybe reply and  ask them to create an account  for you first. Basically activate the sim card on a suspended account first and let you to login and enter the CC number and pay to finalize the activation 

@cilestin  I’m sorry you having such issues , this isn’t typical for activating a account I’m sure it has to do with the new system update in some way as @softech @just mentioned 

cilestin

@softech  and others for update: Just got a reply as this from CS agent "

This is a programing issue that I cannot resolve.

My advice is to find a postal code valid, even if it is not yours, 

once the account is activated, we have the possibility to change it."

So he doesn't seem to be able to help with the dilemma: with the postal code registered for my credit card I cannot proceed with any plan; with a different postal code that can proceed with a plan, I cannot pay. 

I already waited an entire month for the SIM card to arrive when I was told 10 business days and this is getting really frustrating...

@cilestin oh yes.  different Postcal code could be a problem for CC payment.

I wonder if it is a system issue.  There has been some activation issue in the last 2 days. Maybe wait another day and try again?

I wonder 

cilestin

@softech I tried that. With neighbours' postal code, they don't show up with the same error message, but I can't get through the payment with it. 

@cilestin if you are not porting in a landline, the postal code is not important.  It is strictly for PM's record keeping.  Just use any close to yours 

@cilestin  Please let us know what they suggest or do so we can inform others then please and Ty @cilestin 

cilestin

I tried that already too sadly 😞 so I'm in the process of sending a private message to CS agents rn. Thanks for your help though.

@cilestin  try again incognito private mode , open new browser if all else fails you can see what support can do for ya 

• Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box >>>>>>. Click here                 

• Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

cilestin

This doesn't let the pay go through though. I've already tried it.

cilestin

I'm having the exact same issue and I already talked to an agent through the chatbot. Wasn't very helpful other than telling me that I should set up a ticket. 

@DougBreukelman  Use any postal code close to you if you can’t find yours there . And PM is a pre paid services and you pay $15 for 30 days service not monthly so the renewal date will change every now and then .

@Anonymous wrote:

@DougBreukelman it's been a while since I set up an account, but I think you should be able to put in a postal code using a space instead of a hyphen between the postal code sections and that should work.  Or enter the postal code without anything after the first 3 characters.  Or is it a new postal code PM may not have in their system?

Customer should never have been entering a space or hyphen in the postal code.  About a year ago, Public Mobile even put a stop to that as the website will ignore any press of the spacebar for the postal code field, regardless.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DougBreukelman OK if you've tried different formatting you may want to contact CS Agent to see if they can tell why payment field is not accepting your legit PC.

You can contact an agent using the chatbot.  Type "agent" and click contact us to go through the wizard.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If for some reason they don't respond to the ticket, you can try to send an email directly to the CS Agent here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Here is a help article about how to contact the CS Agent.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

DougBreukelman

Ok but I still can't get past payment screen because no code I put in works. Also not prepaid... 15$ a month

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DougBreukelman have you tried different formatting?  A0A 0A0 or A0A0A0?

DougBreukelman

Payment. I tried nearby address and that doesn't work. My old postal code doesn't work and my new postal code isn't in system. It changed like 5 yrs ago though

No it’s pre paid the name on the account doesn’t have to match the name on the credit card 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DougBreukelman wrote:

Has to match credit card I think

@DougBreukelman If you're just at the first screen entering name and PC, then no.  Or are you entering payment and that's the PC it's not accepting?

DougBreukelman

Has to match credit card I think

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It didn't even find my address like the op is having issues with in the system until the postal code was in the 0H0 0H0 format.

That's just an example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DougBreukelman it's been a while since I set up an account, but I think you should be able to put in a postal code using a space instead of a hyphen between the postal code sections and that should work.  Or enter the postal code without anything after the first 3 characters.  Or is it a new postal code PM may not have in their system?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DougBreukelman 

just select a nearby postal code.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DougBreukelman  Just choose the street that closet to you or town that’s closest to you 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you haven't already, make sure the postal code you enter is properly spaced, I had trouble with my own it tossed up an error until it was properly formated.

Need Help? Let's chat.