cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan won’t renew

DenverK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m on the 25$ phone plan and am on auto pay but my plan won’t renew even though I have sufficient funds and I have tried making payments but my plan won’t activate again.

what do I do?

8 REPLIES 8

@softech wrote:

@Yummy   as you aware, there are different ways to trigger process. 

Personally, I put  Lost/Stolen as a last resort.  I don't like it might have affect rewards and users might not see it until the following month (or even couple months later if they don't check monthly).    I never said you were wrong to suggest Lost/Stolen.  It is just my personal preference.    If adding $1 works and won't hurt, I prefer that

Oh, but please! If I am wrong I do appreciate correction! How else one learns...

So most painless remedy would be to add $1 and even service will restart by itself or you have to resume it manually. Got it.

Always forgetting rewards might be affected (not applied on renewal BUT not lost) when using lost/stolen feature.

DenverK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got it thanks

@Yummy   as you aware, there are different ways to trigger process. 

Personally, I put  Lost/Stolen as a last resort.  I don't like it might have effect to  rewards and users might not see it until the following month (or even couple months later if they don't check monthly).    I never said you were wrong to suggest Lost/Stolen.  It is just my personal preference.    If adding $1 works and won't hurt, I prefer that

@softech wrote:

@Yummy   if what @DenverK  meant is Available Fund = Amount owe (or more), then yes, he only need try to manually make a $1 payment to trigger the renewal.

But from my experience, some people said they have sufficient fund , they actually mean their credit card has enough limit to cover.  So, I took it that way

Why lost/stolen SIM will not do the trick? Why adding any funds if he has enough $ on his PM account?

And yes, for some people 'having funds on account' means they are below credit limit on their CC.

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

If it shows account Suspended and you do not have service, then you will need to make a manual payment.

Why would customer have to do 'manual payment' if he has 'sufficient funds' on his account?

@Yummy   if what @DenverK  meant is Available Fund = Amount owe (or more), then yes, he only need try to manually make a $1 payment to trigger the renewal.

But from my experience, some people said they have sufficient fund , they actually mean their credit card has enough limit to cover.  So, I took it that way

@softech wrote:

If it shows account Suspended and you do not have service, then you will need to make a manual payment.

Why would customer have to do 'manual payment' if he has 'sufficient funds' on his account?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DenverK   if you login to My Account, does it show status Plan Expired ? or Suspended?

if it shows Plan Expired and your line is working at the moment, then no worry.   Plan Expired just means PM is working on renewing your account.  It won't affect your service.  it will change to status Active very soon if there is no issue with the payment.

If it shows account Suspended and you do not have service, then you will need to make a manual payment..  Do not use the option Amount Due, instead use the option "Other (Enter the desired payment amount)" and manually enter the plan amount and submit the payment.   Once payment is made successfully.  Click on the button Reactivate current  plan if it is there.  Then logoff from My Account and reboot your device.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have service?

Did you receive any SMS from 611 regarding success/failure of renewal?

Did you try lost/stolen SIM trick?

If it doesn't reactivate then go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log-out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reactivate-a-suspended-plan

Need Help? Let's chat.