cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone plan is extremely laggy

Messi10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning Public Mobile Community. For the past 3 months I've been having serious lagging issues with my 4G network phone plan. Absolutely EVERYTHING is working extremely slow. Accessing APKS on my phone, Accessing the internet, sending and receiving text messages, making and receiving phone calls. Anything you can think of that could be an issue, it has become an issue. Even on the 4G network this is unacceptable. The 4G network should be working more than fine without switching over to a 5G Network in order to fix these problems. I've heard the excuse before "maybe if you switch over to the 5G Network the problem will be fixed". This is simply not true. I have friends who are still on the 4G network with other mobile companies and their phones are working amazing. If the 4G network wasn't good enough for customers to use the network wouldn't exist. Also I would like to ask if I can get a approved, authorized pre-used phone? A phone that I can add a tab to my existing plan to pay it out over time, is this possible? Please help me!

3 REPLIES 3

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Messi10 

Which model phone?  Some older phones may not work well with PM network.  

You might want to also check the nearest cell phone tower to your main location:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Public mobile does not sell phones (new or pre-used phones).  No tabs to add to your PM account.  Public mobile does have a relationship with Mobile Klinik which does sell some phones.  Here is a recent promo announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Save-Big-on-Mobile-Klinik-s-CPO-Bundle/...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Messi10 

you are focusing more on phone laggy, it is more like a device issue than network, especially you mentioned  about making calls, accessing APK (I assume you ddin't mean downloading APK)

did you download a speedtest app and check the speed of the internet?

also try changing the network mode to 5G, 4G and 3G on your phone and run the test on each, give us the number

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

what phone do you have?

and yes, you can use Pre-used phone here, again, what phone you are looking for?

Need Help? Let's chat.