cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is connected but i cant make calls or texts

Eesquieres
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca

I can’t make calls I can only call the 611 number but I can’t make any other calls at all. When I try to Call it just disconnects me. I’m connected to T-mobile network And it’s showing service, but I can’t make calls at all because it keeps telling me I’m in the USA please help. When I connect to public mobile Netwerk, it shows SOS in the top right corner and I can’t do anything at all. Not even call 611 when I am on SOS and on the public mobile Network please help

10 REPLIES 10

Eesquieres

yes it works on my daughters phone 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Since you might live right on the USA/Canada border or drive close by, make sure you have Public Mobile as your default carrier.  Who knows how far USA carrier signals carry through in the Sumas prairie. What happens if you are in Mission?

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Eesquieres 

Your will need disable Roaming and change the Network Selection to Public Mobile on your phone.

There is usually no such setting to disabled roaming. The most common setting only disables data while roaming.  Either way, the customer has already manually selected the Public Mobile network.  Roaming isn't possible after that has been doine.

@Eesquieres 

Your will need disable Roaming and change the Network Selection to Public Mobile on your phone.

@Eesquieres it looks like a general network problem in the area.

Do you have another phone to test and confirm it is not a device problem??

Or test your phone in a other area

Eesquieres

I switched to 3G and then selected public mobile as network manually, but my phone service went back to SOS again. Its so frustrating 

@Eesquieres ok, look like you are too close to the border and get the stronger US signal instead  

Usually you been to manually select to Public Mobile network.   Look like you tried,  SOS means something wrong with the network and you are not connected 

Try to change your Preferred network to 3G ONLY and then do a manual network connect to PM network again

Eesquieres

I’m not in the US I’m in Abbotsford, BC

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Eesquieres to make calls or text in US, you need roaming add-on.  Did you get any of the roaming add-ons?? 

Also, roaming add-ons have 10 days expiry,  start counting  from the moment the purchase is  made successfully 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Eesquieres hi you need a US roaming addon while in the US,if you don't have one that would be the reason you have no service 

Need Help? Let's chat.