cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone SIM card is still unavailable after have enough balance

tonywu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got below info in page 
https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/new-oneTimeTopUp-Page/?PostbackParameter=Overview

Your account has already enough balance.

Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

10 REPLIES 10

@tonywu 

Do you normally have $5 in rewards? Rewards cannot be used to pay for a plan suspended for non payment ( even if its not your fault.) But I'm happy to see you've sorted yourself out.

tonywu

Thank you all, actually this issue is fixed after I payed 6$ more than it is prompted in the system, then the balance became 1$ and my phone can call successfully. So it should be a bug of the system where required balance amount is wrongly calculated

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tonywu 

Follow this method for adding a card/ making a payment. Use #1 and #2 only if you already have a card on file. Read the emboldened paragraph then procede to follow the instructions in the final paragraph.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

@tonywu 

Try the following:

1. fully turn off phone, wait 3-5 minutes, turn back on
  2. toggle airplane mode off/on
  3. remove SIM card, reinsert SIM card
  4. reset network connections

If problem recurs, you could try lost/stolen mode trick.  Mark device as lost/stolen, wait 5 minutes, turn OFF lost/stolen mode, reboot phone.   Doing this may cause rewards on next renewal to not credit appropriately - if that occurs, the moderators will correct - make a note to look to make sure they did after next renewal.

@tonywu wrote:

When I try to click "Plan and AddOn" it always show below:

Oh no!

It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

@tonywu I just logged in my self serve account and clicked Plan and Add-ons tab, it is working.  You must have tried a number of times and got yourself locked out.  Try again in an hour but before you log back in, as already suggested above, clear your browsing history, cache and cookies first.  If necessary, use another browser and/or go incognito mode

RosieR

@tonywu wrote:

Yesterday I noticed phone call function disabled, checked public mobile site and found due to AutoPay failed as My credit card expired. Clicked "Reactivate current plan" and updated the credit card info, the balance is updated correctly, so looks everthing is good.

But today the call function still failed 😞

Hi @tonywu try this

>> log out,

>> before you log back in, delete your browsing history and clear the cache and cookies in your device here  https://bit.ly/2AYhY2a

>> use a different browser and/or log in incognito mode

>> log back in

If you are still having problems, please contact the Moderator_Team

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link>> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take 2 - 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Please keep us updated.  Thanks in advance

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonywu : try a different browser or clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/privacy mode.

tonywu

When I try to click "Plan and AddOn" it always show below:

Oh no!

It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

tonywu

Yesterday I noticed phone call function disabled, checked public mobile site and found due to AutoPay failed as My credit card expired. Clicked "Reactivate current plan" and updated the credit card info, the balance is updated correctly, so looks everthing is good.

But today the call function still failed 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonywu : I had this on a recent reactivation of a suspended account. I didn't try using the lost/stolen function. Try that. I ended up contacting the moderators.

Click on Plans & Add-ons, Click on Lost/Stolen, Click on Suspend, log out, wait a minute or three, log in and back, click on Resume....restart phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.