cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My payment voucher doesn't work

indigoknight111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What do I do when my payment voucher pin's don't work? I've been paying my phone bill like this for years and for some reason its not working this time. I tried both the 12 digit 'voucher' number and 'PIN' numbers on the receipt, none of them work.

I used to pay by debit card but public mobile doesn't accept my visa debit card anymore.

25 REPLIES 25

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@indigoknight111 

Yes RCSS should be instantaneous. I suppose it's always possible there is an issue with the terminal's network. As previously mentioned only 2 attempts per hour lock out are allowed.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@indigoknight111 : Still agree. It's a mystery to me why it's not instantaneous. Why couldn't one step away from the till and enter in the voucher right then and there. Instant top-up works that way. Why not vouchers?

Oh well...the mysteries of life.

Edit: (while I'm still last poster at this writing) - RCSS should be instant. As mentioned earlier, it's only the line that says PIN# as the correct 12 digit set of numbers. And also as mentioned, if you try several times then it locks you out for a period of time for re-attempts.

indigoknight111

'The Real Canadian Superstore' in north Oshawa, Ontario.

indigoknight111

It doesn't depend on where I bought it. THere is another factor. Normally the pins work right away when I buy them from my store. THis time though, they did not.

@indigoknight111 wrote:

Its not the vendor because normally their pins work right away, the store I get them from.

@indigoknight111   where did you get the voucher from?

indigoknight111

I've tried dozens of times to add my visa debit. It used to work, then stopped working about a year ago. We are foolish as a society to put so much blind trust and faith in these poorly designed computer system networks.

indigoknight111

Its not the vendor because normally their pins work right away, the store I get them from.

indigoknight111

Well actually, no, it didn't work properly. It did not work as described. I did not receive the service that I paid for. I was not told the service would not work for at least 24 hours. So no, it does not simply 'work'. I have also not been compensated for my problems paying for this faulty service. PM should inform its contractors and salesman that sell the codes to inform people that sometimes they don't work right away. I should not have to be posting on forums asking for help. Totally unprofessional.

@indigoknight111 wrote:

So after waiting over 24 hours, the pin numbers have worked.

THERE SHOULD BE A DISCLAIMER FOR PEOPLE THAT SOMETIMES THEY DON'T WORK RIGHT AWAY. THAT WAY WE CAN SAVE PEOPLE A LOT OF STRESS AND FRUSTRATION AND WASTED ENERGY.

@indigoknight111 Glad it works.

Yes, I hear your frustration.  But this is more a problem  with the voucher transaction system the store uses and not PM problem. It is likely the voucher system didn't sync with PM system immediately , likely it own sync after some late night batch job.  

Where did you buy the voucher from?  Please mark a note yourself for future reference.  From what we know, voucher from SDM/7-11/Shell can be used immediately after purchase.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@indigoknight111 : Agreed. But you came here and got information to get you going eventually. There are a few places that don't have a delay. Now you know one vendor that does. Glad you got it sorted.

indigoknight111

It took me more than 24 hours before mine worked. This has never happened to me before paying this way. There should be a warning to people. Their visa debit payment system also doesn't work. What an unprofessional company.

indigoknight111

So after waiting over 24 hours, the pin numbers have worked.

THERE SHOULD BE A DISCLAIMER FOR PEOPLE THAT SOMETIMES THEY DON'T WORK RIGHT AWAY. THAT WAY WE CAN SAVE PEOPLE A LOT OF STRESS AND FRUSTRATION AND WASTED ENERGY.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@indigoknight111 wrote:

What do I do when my payment voucher pin's don't work? I've been paying my phone bill like this for years and for some reason its not working this time. I tried both the 12 digit 'voucher' number and 'PIN' numbers on the receipt, none of them work.

I used to pay by debit card but public mobile doesn't accept my visa debit card anymore.

@indigoknight111  - if you have been using the same method for years, does that mean you have been buying from the same location as well? 

I would expect the same type of application by location, but perhaps not.

I agree with you, the 24 hour period possibility should be posted somewhere, clearly.

If after 24 hours it still doesn't work, I would submit a ticket to CSA and let them know.

When was the last time you tried to add your Visa Debit to your account for Autopay?

Why not try it again, perhaps it will work. 🙂

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/register-your-payment-card

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @indigoknight111   Where you got your voucher from?

Yes, vouchers from some places need 24 hours to becomes activate.

(update: sorry, I thought it was a new post when I first saw it.  just found out it is already Page 2 after I hit refresh)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@indigoknight111 

It all depends on where you bought the voucher. If you dont want to share then there is validity times in this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

Also like credit cards....you only get two attempts total to add a payment with a voucher whether thru self serve or 611. Wait a full hour before trying again.

Edit:

Only use the 12 digit PIN #.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To be fair, I've never known it to take a full 24 hours for the voucher to become active. But sometimes it does take several hours. All the best, please keep us posted on the outcome tonight/tomorrow @indigoknight111 !

indigoknight111

About an hour. I'll try again tomorrow. I didn't know sometimes they don't work for a day, there should be a warning.

indigoknight111

Thanks for the tip, I will try again tomorrow. They really should put a disclaimer if sometimes it takes 24 hours. Never had this problem before.

indigoknight111

Thank you, I will try again in 24 hours. If it still doesn't work I will try contacting someone through here. They should inform customers if sometimes they don't work for 24 hours, if they want to keep their customers happy lol.

0PX9O4

How long has it been since you bought the voucher?

LeePublic

@indigoknight111 Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for the code to activate. Where did you purchase the code from?

@darlicious might have a better answer.

indigoknight111

Thanks but none of that works. Tried clearing cache, cookies, etc... different browsers, reset the computer. Also tried multiple times to call *611 and input the number manually, and that didn't work either. When I try to add a new visa debit card to make a payment I get an error message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@indigoknight111 

Accepted payments(publicmobile.ca)

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and log in and re-entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment

Follow these steps:

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

after you Add your credit card go back,

• Click on Payment
  • Make a Payment
  • one Time Payment 
  • Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )
  • you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra
  • Click ‘Submit’,
  • after payment successful,  you have to do Rebooting your phone
    what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.
  • and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$$ has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@indigoknight111 

* some vouchers take 24 hours to activate,

you can call 1 855 4PUBLIC and add your voucher PIN
or call *611

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

You will usually find it at the top or bottom of the receipt. To top up your account with a voucher, log into your  Self-Serve, account, click on the "Payment" tab, then "One-time payment". In the form that appears on the next page, click on "Payment voucher" as the payment method, enter the voucher code below, then click "Submit".

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

0PX9O4

@indigoknight111 

Where did you buy your voucher? And how long has it been since you bought it?

The only other thing that I can suggest is to get in touch with @CS_Agent by private message to see if they can do anything manually to help you.

Need Help? Let's chat.