cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number transfer

Yossy107
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there, 

So, I'm in a bit of a compliment dilemma.

I had a really bad experience with Virgin Plus and Freedom Mobile. So on Friday, I spoke to the Freedom Mobile sales person at the mall regarding their promotion. They told me that my One Plus 11 would be compatible with their 5G network. I switched from Virgin to Freedom. I It turned out it my OnePlus 11 wasn't compatible with their 5G network. I then  spoke to the sales person that my phone wasn't compatible, even through he told me it would be. Then Freedom stopped my number transfer, but I still have Freedom Mobile's temporary phone number. I then inquired to the Telus sales person about how I can transfer my original phone number to Public Mobile. They told me that I had to tell Freedom Mobile to open my number transfer to Freedom Mobile, it turned out my phone number was still stuck outside the Freedom Mobile. I asked if I can still retrieve my phone number to Freedom Mobile, so I can transfer my number to Public Mobile before obtaining and transfer my phone number to Public Mobile. Freedom Mobile had to open a service ticket and that it would take a day or so. I feel as though I've been jerked around by phone

Is there still a way for me transfer my original phone number to Public Mobile the Black Friday promotion ends?

7 REPLIES 7

Yossy107

Actually I found message in the drop right, and checked my responses, but haven't had any from CS agents yet 

Yossy107

No I didn't.

@Yossy107   Do you see an envelope icon at the top right of the page?  If you don't see one (it depends on the device) tap/click your avatar and see Messages in the drop down.  Just to make sure they haven't replied and you missed it

Yossy107

Should I still activated my esim in the mean time? I still haven't heard back from the CS Agent since I wrote a message this morning.

Yossy107

No, I'm not ever with Virgin Plus anymore. My number is stuck in the wave. Freedom Mobile is trying to retrieve it.

I checked on Public Mobile and stated that my phone would be compatible with Public Mobile 5g network 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Yossy107   So is your number technically still with Virgin Plus?   I don't know that your phone would be compatible with 5G here either but you should still get good speeds on a 5G plan regardless if that's your goal.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to contact customer support here to help sort it out, you can send them a private message using this link, then watch your community inbox for a reply

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Yossy107 

Simply sign up for Public Mobile, then there is a section you can port over to Public Mobile after you've signed up. It's pretty easy actually. Sometimes there are some hick ups but you know, let Public Mobile CS Agents do the work for you instead of Freedom jerking you around.

Need Help? Let's chat.