cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number is apparently invald

dariusfz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve been trying to switch my Koodo number over to a public SIM card, but I made a mistake in my original number request so it didn’t go through. Now I can’t update it because my phone number is apparently “invalid” all of a sudden. How do I fix this and can I just call someone.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dariusfz

If you put in the wrong number, I hope the owner of the number didn’t reply to the text with YES to port the number over.

Anyway a CS_Agent should straighten it for you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dariusfz 

If you have a postpaid koodo account and you made an error during the number porting section of the activation you need to correct the info with the telus porting department. Do you have working outgoing service on your pm Sim card? If so I can private message the porting department phone number to reinitiate your port request and you can reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) on your koodo Sim card within 90 minutes of receiving it. 

If you have a prepaid account or your pm Sim card has no working services you need to contact customer support to help you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dariusfz 

If you wish to transfer an existing number from Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier during activation of the SIM card.

If you wish to transfer an existing numbering from Koodo Prepaid, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agents here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dariusfz  There is a number to talk to support I’ll send you private message maybe where Koodo and public mobile are under same umbrella they can help you over the phone retrieve your number and port it verbally 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dariusfz  You might wanna talk to support for this 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.