cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPhone message is "NO SIM"

Rene5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, could somebody help me. Below is what happened:

1. I changed my Ontario number to Alberta number and it was successful.

2. Since I need to changed my number (from Ontario Number to Alberta Number) in my bank. They need to send text message to me for verification code in my Ontario Number.

3. Since my Ontario Number not existed anymore, I tried the push notification instead and removed and put back my SIM Card. But after restarting the message on my iPhone the message is "NO SIM" No "Public Mobile"

4. I would like to know on how I can make my SIM Card work again.

11 REPLIES 11

HI @Rene5  and I hope that helps and you will change to the better solution  🙂

Rene5

Okay done, Thanks !

Rene5

Okay I do that, thanks

hi @Rene5 

why you need a new account?

you don't, it could be just account problem, then submit ticket with agent will resolve it

or it could be a sim card problem, unlikely, then buy a new sim card and update on existing account would work

So, don't think of start new account yet, start with submit ticket with agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Rene5

Tried but not really worked. I will just cancel my account and buy a new SIM with different number. Then will just call my banks for the new number. I will go for a $15 plan instead. Thank for all your replies

I would suggest it. Never hurts. You take more chances of damaging it if you don't IMO.

@Rene5  You should turn it off before swapping the sim yes . Some people will hot swap them but it’s safest to power down then change SIM card and power back on 

Rene5

I need to turn off my phone first right ?before pulling out the SIM ?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rene5 

The only REAL option you have here is to start your old account back up. Best suggestion is to just do the $15 plan and stick your old SIM into a different phone if you have one. Then at least you'll be able to do what you need to do. However, you should be able to reach out to your bank and advise them you moved. Perhaps walking in would be best. Save $15 at least.

Or you may have to reach out to a CS Agent to see how they can reactivate your old number with a different SIM card maybe... but for $15 that's a lot of work. Easier to go to bank. But you can talk to a CS Agent, may be they may have an idea.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Rene5

Thanks, I already tried that method. I will just try into another phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Rene5 

Try to pull the sim card and reinsert and see if it works.  If you have another phone, try the sim there

Need Help? Let's chat.