cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My husband lost his sim card. Now can't log into account because of 2 factor thing. Help

ROSE1960
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lost sim card.

Verication code goes to text no option for email.

Can't access account at all 

7 REPLIES 7

@Billie8  Did you happen to use the same email as  last time you signed up for the visitor ? I think that could be the issues here . You need to use a different email for another account z and to use the same email you need supports help at least that’s the way it used to be . 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Billie8

I can log into my account but not granted full access unless I provide the code. I cannot get into the profile page. Till now I cannot get past this page (see screenshot) and cannot explore the rest of the app. 

IMG_7758.png

@Billie8 @Did you try the reset password option have code sent to email to verify. If you can and get into your account go to profile page manage eversafe ID and change the number to a number you have access to and you can receive the code to that number by text 

Billie8

I agree. I think there should be another way to verify identity. I am currently having an issue. I downloaded the app as a new customer yesterday. But PM detected that I had a PM cell number which I got for a visitor months ago and it was only paid for one month and inactive since January. It wouldn’t grant me full access to the app and kept asking for a 6 digit code sent to that old cell number! Customer service agent helped to delete the old number but the problem still persists. I am awaiting resolution of the issue which has been escalated up. Without being able to use the app, can I have access to the self serve functions and features? 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Another option is Amazon $4.99  if you have a subscription already. Just don't buy it directly from PM. 

Tramway_no_way
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is why I never like two-factor authentication. It ends up creating a lot of trouble and inconvenience for honest customers if you don't have access to your phone, your SIM card, or if you can't receive a SMS abroad. It would be one thing if it was optional, but it is simply forced on customers nowadays.

What happened to security questions? They were perfectly fine as added protection.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ROSE1960  Call around to local Telus Koodo store for a new SIM card or order one from Amazon and ask support to SIM card swap the number for you . Then you will get the code sent to that SIM card in a phone to log into you account .you can also ask support to repot phone list stolen until you get a new SIM card also . Another option to consider if your phone supports eSIM you can buy and download it right away 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.