cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fears were correct - my renewal and plan change failed miserably.

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Long story short, I set up a plan change about a month ago. A little over 2 weeks ago I noticed my self serve was messed up (not showing the correct amount due, not showing the correct plan change, etc) so I sent a message to the @CS_Agent on August 25th so they could fix all these problems before my renewal date.

Here we are, on September 9th, and not only did my plan change fail, but also my autopay.

I've had to manually add funds to my account to cover the cost of my new plan, and now I'm stuck waiting until the mod team wakes up and manually changes/renews my plan.

Bravo Public Mobile, you have shown me just how much less I get for less*

*that second less is actually not that much less considering how much time I've invested in trying to prempt this problem, which you failed spectacularly at solving even with two weeks notice

5 REPLIES 5

rob79

No @will13am - I had service all this time. My original renewal date was today. The problem became evident on my self serve account on August 25th.

I tried to make today problem-free by nipping it in the bud.

But today wasn't problem-free. My autopay failed, so I had to manually add funds. But it was only asking me to add enough to cover my old plan (slightly less expensive), so I just added extra money to cover my new plan (and then some) and sent a message to the mods to manually do my plan change using the available funds tomorrow.

If I hadn't been so wary of this, and noticed this problem 2 weeks ago, I would have just woke up tomorrow with no service, and no idea what was wrong.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rob79, I would agree that plan changes are straighforward enough that it should not take more than a day to resolve.  I do find it strange that they would leave your account hanging for this long without some sort of short term bridging measure. 

rob79

@NDesai- I appreciate your level headed advice, but, the thing is (in my case) the mods acknoledged this problem (via private message) on August 25th, opened a ticket to send it to...whoever...and told me to keep following up with them every few days until the problem was resolved.

The problem was never resolved.

Think about that. With 2 weeks advanced notice, and multiple followups (initiated by me, because apparently they can say "check back with us in 2 days" but can't be proactive and check up on a customers behalf), it still wasn't resolved.

I got so many different replies from the mods too. "This takes 2 business days", "This takes 15 business days", "I've opened a second ticket to escalate the issue", that I have zero faith in their ability to resolve technical issues in a timely manner at this point.

To be clear, I'm not placing blame on the mods. They only have so much to work with, and can only tell customers what they were trained to believe to be true.

The problem is much deeper than that. I blame PM as a company, I feel sympathy for the mods for having to deal with issues like this that are out of their control.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Plan renewal/change is a bit complicated and a long process. It takes place between midnight and early morning. If you leave it as is without any worry, all seems to go ok without any issue. Sometimes due to cache/cookies or server issues, things might look different in your self-serve account. 

Next time for anyone who might find this, just leave things as it until the morning. If you see anything wrong, then contact the Moderator_Team.

passiveegg

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this trouble. I  have seen that once you start changing your plan with public mobile by your own self it causes problem. I suggest you talking with the mods so they could do it for you as you are stuck waiting for their help.

Need Help? Let's chat.