cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data is not working

LesterZamora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ran out data a couple of days ago, since my next cicle was coming soon, I decided to wait a few days without internet. However, two days before the new cycle started I needed internet, so I decided to pay in advance and even improve my plan. I paid and activated the new plan, but as of now my data is not working and there since to be a problem with the public mobile web so I can’t contact them to help me. Is it just me or anyone else is having this issue?

11 REPLIES 11

LesterZamora

Thanks a lot for the help 

@LesterZamora wrote:

Could you be so kind to explain me how to send a private message to a CS_Agent?

HI @LesterZamora 

To send message to PM Support, here are the 2 ways

Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LesterZamora

Could you be so kind to explain me how to send a private message to a CS_Agent?

LesterZamora

Hi, thank you all for your help. I will try all of the above. 

@Dunkman wrote:

A few basic troubleshooting advice:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Should OR be there between these 3 options or advise is just to do all 3?

Isn't it airplane almost the same as reboot (turn on/off)?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What your account says - what plan you are on right NOW?

If you did immediate plan change and get charged for it your data quota should be shown on your account.

If you did 'schedule plan change' then new plan will kick off on your next renewal.

If you are desperate for same data you can always buy some add-on, as you know.

Ticketing does not work but you can always send private message to agent.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LesterZamora adding funds to your account does not automatically renew your plan.

If you are up or down grading you can choose to change your plan immediately in self serve, it you have the appropriate funds for that plan.

If you want to renew your current plan before your renewal date only customer support can do that for you. So submit a ticket to do this.

Or buy a data addon to get you through until your renewal.  Addons will stay on your account until fully consumed.

Edit, if needing to renew plan early CSA contacts here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI  @LesterZamora   

when you make the plan change, did you click "Change Now" or "Change in the next renewal date"?  If you clicked Change Now, check your Credit Card to see if PM already get the money for the new plan.  Also, Login to My Account, the front page should show you the current plan.  Is the new plan showing?

If still the old plan showing there,  you have probably clicked "Change in the next renewal Date" and so the plan change is not live yet.    Go back and make the plan change again and choose Change Now

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LesterZamora 

In your self service account, do you see your new plan details?  Is talk and text working? Is account status active?

A few basic troubleshooting advice:

Reboot phone

Network reset of phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LesterZamora : Do you see that the plan did change? Or did you only schedule it for your renewal? Did you restart the phone? Of course is your cell data turned on?

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@LesterZamora 

If you're having trouble generating a ticket for help, try sending a private message to CS_Agent

Try logging out and back into your account after you reboot your phone, and see if it works then.

Need Help? Let's chat.