Did you mean: 

My account

JBBurl2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to cancel?

4 REPLIES 4

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The porting out to another carrier may have been on the same day your account renewal date and thus was charged. Contact CS and ask to get a refund that I doubt you will get. Since your account is now closed you will not be charged again. 

eddieO

@JBBurl2023 if you are already with another carrier it doesn't sound like you will be transferring any numbers out from Public Mobile, or maybe you already did that. If you are still being billed then you will need to open a ticket through the Chatbot: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

JBBurl2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you. I dont know if my account is active. I cancelled and moved to another carrier. The eSIM was deleted but I still got a charge. 

eddieO

@JBBurl2023 if you are transferring your number out to a new company the porting process will automatically close your account but make sure you PM account is active first. After you have ported your number out that should be it but for extra piece of mind you can contact a CS agent and request that they remove your credit card info

Forgot to mention that if porting out, keep your PM SIM card in your phone as you will receive a confirmation text that you will need to respond Yes to within 90 minutes. After that you can remove the PM SIM card and what for the porting process to complete

If you are not keeping the number then your can go into the PM app and suspend your account. After 90 days of not being active the account will automatically close and you will lose your number. Just make sure there is no money in your "Available funds"

Need Help? Let's chat.