cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My US add on isn't working

MF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In December, I purchased a 200 minute US talk and text add on because my existing US add on was running low. I can see that the purchase went through on my account. When I try to call the US, however, I have no minutes available.  Any suggestions?

41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

So the dollar didn't work, sadly.

I didn't know about the identity verification. I've always just pm'd the mods, or back in the day, pm'd a specific mod. Will they reply to my original pm? I don't want to send the same thing twice when they have so much to do.

Oh well.

It's a newer method they brought in a while ago.

You're in the queue. There have been conflicting reports back and forth as to whether sending multiple pm's drops you down the queue.

The only reason to send multiples is to pester them. Who likes to be pestered? I *really* think there should be some kind of auto-reply back upon sending but they don't seem interested.

Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email telling you that you got a private message. Don't reply to that. Again depending on your notification settings, if you're logged in here then you'll see a red blob over the little envelope icon in the upper right area. Click on the envelope and then subject line to see the message.

MF

So the dollar didn't work, sadly.

I didn't know about the identity verification. I've always just pm'd the mods, or back in the day, pm'd a specific mod. Will they reply to my original pm? I don't want to send the same thing twice when they have so much to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

Is this identity verification my pin or something else? I don't check out the community as much as I should so I thought the pin was sufficient.

No. They send you a link to a page where you type in some basic verification info. I gather it hasn't arrived yet. So that tells me it's not automated.

How'd that buck go?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MF wrote:

Is this identity verification my pin or something else? I don't check out the community as much as I should so I thought the pin was sufficient.

@MF It is the PIN that you set up right at the beginning. I think is 4 digits. 

MF

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

Ok. I'll try it. If it doesn't work I can wait till  the mods pm me. 

Why not? Nothin' to lose except a dollar that will get used on your next renewal.

So you've pm'd them? Have you got the identity verification link yet?

MF

Ok. I'll try it. If it doesn't work I can wait till  the mods pm me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

Sorry. Yes I did but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Thanks though.

Ok. Last tool in the toolbox and I'll leave this alone.

Manually add another $1 into your account and after success restart the phone.

Again, I don't know if it'll work to trigger add-ons.

Both of these workarounds have been known to get services running.

MF

Sorry. Yes I did but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Thanks though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

I just got 200 minutes and sent the mods a pm. Thanks.

Did you have a go with the lost/stolen feature?

MF

I just got 200 minutes and sent the mods a pm. Thanks.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MF wrote:

I was hoping to avoid contacting a mod, but I thought it might come to that. Thanks

Personally...I'd take a chance and buy another 400min International Add-on for $15 to get you going...then send a message to mods to find the lost 200 minutes. Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

I was hoping to avoid contacting a mod, but I thought it might come to that. Thanks

I don't know if it might trigger add-ons but try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

MF

MF

Thanks. I've used Fongo. I just tend to rely on using my number to call their land line. It's easier for my senior family members.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Looks like you'll need to contact the moderator team and ask them to look into this issue. Click this to message them.

Let us know when and how resolved. Good luck.

MF

I can see that now. Duh.

@MF wrote:

I thought I blacked out everything. Obviously not. Yikes. And thanks for the heads up.

Your account number was visible if you're wondering.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MF wrote:

Ok, my bad. It's called 200 minutes US and Canada long distance. 

@MF There are many free calling and texting apps online. You can download one and you can call and text for FREE to North America. I am using TextNow and Fongo, but I like TextNow the most. You need wifi or data to use this app. Hope you don't need to spend more money on it. 

MF

I thought I blacked out everything. Obviously not. Yikes. And thanks for the heads up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

No blockers, I've restarted my phone, and I'm calling family, so not toll free numbers.

I got notification that I was out of minutes yesterday. I assumed that was from the 400 minute long distance add on I purchased years (seriously) ago.

Yes the 400 was off the overview which would suggest it's done.

You still appear to have the full 200 minutes. Try another restart and try calling again (just for a test 🙂 ).

@MF wrote:

No blockers, I've restarted my phone, and I'm calling family, so not toll free numbers.

I got notification that I was out of minutes yesterday. I assumed that was from the 400 minute long distance add on I purchased years (seriously) ago.

@MF I removed your picture because it contained account identifiable information.  However, you will still need to delete the image from your profile, as I cannot access that. Thanks.

MF

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MF wrote:

The balance isn't sitting there. It looks like I paid on December 7th according to my payment history.

It is very difficult to try and determine what happened without all the details. At this point there a three possibilities:

• Minutes were used up (Highly unlikely)
  • A US roaming addon was accidently purchased instead of a US LD addon (?)
  • PM system error

The only way to find out 100% is to send the @CS_Agent  a private message and ask them to investigate. They should be able to determine fairly quickly what happened.

*Edit: I did not see account posting while typing this reply. Sending a moderator a private message is still the best thing to do at this point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

Overview page

Yup. 200 minute add-on. 0 of 200 too.

Can I assume you have long since restarted the phone?

Do you have any dialer blocks whatever they might be called?

The numbers are not toll free numbers?

MF

edited by computergeek541: screenshot removed because it contains personal information (account number)

MF

Also, I'm only calling my family, and I know the phenomenon numbers are fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MF wrote:

Here it is. I can also upload my payments if that will help.

And overview page.

712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881 by the way.

MF

245F7AD2-3330-4D67-92D4-17CD050968A0.png

Here it is. I can also upload my payments if that will help.

MF

The balance isn't sitting there. It looks like I paid on December 7th according to my payment history.

Need Help? Let's chat.