cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dad has a billing issue and no service, sent message to Moderator_Team and no answer

Saulin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is Moderator_Team the right group to send a message to for billing issues and no service?

His number was supposed to be ported by Virgin and Virgin could not port it on April 10 becasue theys aid the account was showing cancelled, they assured the account was cancelled on Public Mobile since they contacted PM and the port could not be done. They gave him a new number but a few days later PM seem to have billed and has been billing since then.

He had no clue he was still gettign billed by PM untill now. There are 3 months he has been billed. His SIM card shows as not registered on the network when I tested it on 2 phones yesterday. We sent a message asking for a refund yesterday for these months and we have got no answer and of course he has no service either. There should be no activity at all on his number since Virgin Tried to port it on April 10. Can someone please help with this issue?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:
@Saulinyes the @CS_Agent is actual name to use. You need the @.

I disagree with this part.  The @ is not part of the username.  The @ only tags a speicfic user name when posting on the message board.  When typing the username to contact them through the private messaging system, community members should not use the @.

@Saulin please review the moderator team section of this article: How to Get Help.  Essentially if you need to provide anything account related to them, it goes by private message. If you have a general question you need their input on, then tag the moderator_team account.  However, I would argue that most of those topics can be successfully answered by experienced community members without needing to involve the moderator_team, which leaves them free to focs on other things (like dealing with service issues via private messages).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@GinYVR wrote:
@Saulinyes the @CS_Agent is actual name to use. You need the @.

I disagree with this part.  The @ is not part of the username.  The @ only tags a speicfic user name when posting on the message board.  When typing the username to contact them through the private messaging system, community members should not use the @.

There used to be a time when Public Mobile said to either tag the moderators or to send a private message to contact them.  However, moderators, to this day, often get tagged multiple times in a single thread, likely making it impossible for them to respond.  We also need to remember that even if moderators do reply to being tagged, they won't be able to discuss the matter or make any changes to account unless the customer first sends a private message.  So, I would argue that there's really very few reasons for a member to put the @ symbol before the Moderator_Team username.

Saulin

They would need to explain why the port failed and why they adviced Virgin the account was cancelled. Virgin was on the phone with Public/Telus trying to port the number

Plus there is the fact the number has been with no service for months and now shows as not registered

@Saulin Hi I would have to sat they would bill him unless he suspended or downgraded his service during that time I am not sure the mods will do anything in that regard

Saulin

OK I guess I'll ask him to wait longer for an answer. Yes we did remove the autopay yesterday. He was on vacation for a few months out of the country too so he just relized that PM has been billing for the past 3 months still.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Saulin 

Moderators are the only one who are able to fix this situation.   The wait times are 1-2 days minimum.  

If you have access to his self service account, you should remove the credit card from the autopay section.  

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Saulin yes the @CS_Agent is actual name to use. You need the @.

It takes them 48-72 hours to get to you.. they are not a 24/7 support service.. so be aware it will take a while.
Need Help? Let's chat.