cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is service working?

240Chris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activated service yesterday, and ported my old number to it.  . Today cellular service stopped working on my phone.  Can't use my phone now.  This is not good as I have had my number for over 10 years now, and 24 hours on Public network I have no service now.

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunflowershine wrote:

@240Chris Once the porting completes, you will receive a text message to confirm that. We are all users of PM, we won't know the process. I think you should be able to make call to other in the meantime. Just wait for a bit and see if the porting completed soon. It may take up to 2 days. 

@sunflowershine you've:

1) completely misunderstood the issue -- the porting is already done but now their service is not working at all

2)  indicated they could make calls, when they cannot, and

3) given the wrong timeframe for porting.  It should be done in under 2-3 hours when porting from another mobile provider, or up to a week if porting from a landline or VoIP service.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Agreed with what's said above. Other things to try may include calling 611 and see what it says, re-installing your SIM card and restarting your phone. Also, was your phone working when you first activated it yesterday?

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@240Chris Once the porting completes, you will receive a text message to confirm that. We are all users of PM, we won't know the process. I think you should be able to make call to other in the meantime. Just wait for a bit and see if the porting completed soon. It may take up to 2 days. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@240Chris, can you eleborate on your issue?

What is your phone?
"cellular service is kind of vauge" Does your phone display Public Mobile on the top left hand corner? Where the provider name usually come on?
Can you:
1. Dial out?
2. What happens when peole dial your #?
3. Can you send / receive text?
4. Do you have data?

Where did you port your old number from?
Need Help? Let's chat.