cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple add-on charges

JeanMaurais
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My daughter who is using this phone received multiple text messages on Sunday about 3gb data add-ons to which she replied STOP. We nevertheless were charged 30$ +tx three times. This data is largely unused and I would like these charges reversed

10 REPLIES 10

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

All kinds of code breaches.

@maximum_gato- Welcome back 🙂 We have seen some of these questions from a few people over the last short while. Yes, it is rather troubling that there's no way to verify the purchaser. Of course the company doesn't know who is holding the phone, but to be spending money on it should require some form of verification.
We also see this for plan changes. The kid replies yes, next renewal - bam, new plan. All kinds of wrong.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

When did the ability to purchase add ons via text message start ? I know there has been a mention in the pm ToS about this feature and we certainly have been able to add freebie gifts but text purchases by minors who are not authorized users to begin with seems to be opening another can of worms on top of purchase errors by p9b7q

The confusion about which add-on is which comes from the fact that the Shop page shows what they are calling "Top Add-ons" and not actually listing all add-ons. The app and site include a 3gb Canada data add-on. I have no clue why they are not listing all add-ons but this place works in mysterious ways.

@JeanMaurais yes, this is weird. But she got a text and then the add on is 3GB for $30, sound like that was the addon purchased: Bundle - US Roaming - Talk, Text and 3GB Data (15 days)- $30

Anyway, let us know why Support has sorted out this issue

JeanMaurais

She is working at a summer camp about 35km from the US border this week. This seems a bit far for the network to get mixed up?

@JeanMaurais are you lixing close to the US border? To avoid this from happen again, you might want to change the network selection from Automatic to Manual and pick Public Mobile from the list manually 

JeanMaurais

Thank you, I contacted support as suggested.

She is in Canada so I'm not sure why she receives these messages. Perhaps because the monthly plan data is used up.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JeanMaurais 

was your daughter in US and was that US  add-on being purchased? She should just ignore the text instead

Message support as advised by @kb_mv and support usually reply within 2 to 3 hours 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@JeanMaurais You will need to  contact customer service and ask them to reverse the charges.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though they are typically much faster. Keep an eye on the envelope icon top right for replies.

Need Help? Let's chat.