cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Accounts (phone numbers) with one community profile?

ElleBee83
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I currently manage my moms Public Mobile account, having my email address and alternate phone number connected to the "My Account" login... and obviously I am the one who utilizes the Community forums...

I am seriously considering switching to PM and porting my phone number. 
-Is this still an option?

I'm  wondering about how I would activate the new service for myself? 

-Does anyone else manage more than one account? Can you have multiple accounts "linked" together?

I'd like to keep my community login so I'm hoping there is some way I can efficiently juggle this. 

9 REPLIES 9

@ElleBee83  I would suggest contacting the moderators about whether you can change the email address of your mother's account and still then be able to use it for your account. I don't think that is possible. They should be able to change the community profile name associated with the email so your mom would have one connected to her account but your email. This would possibly free up your user name to then be linked to your account and the new email you use to create your account with public mobile. That being said you could just create a user name that is similar like @ElleBee33  or @ElleBee88 a little similar to mother and son duo @zblackma and @gblackma .

@ElleBee83 wrote:

how do I contact a mod when I decide to switch to PM?

To contact a Moderator, click on the question mark icon in the bottom, right corner of the screen, and follow the prompts.

1.) Click on Chat with SIMon, and on the line, "Ask me something", type "moderator"

2.) Click on "account specific question", and then click on "no, I want a human"

3.) When you see an answer, "submit a ticket Click me!", do the obvious.

Once you've submitted a ticket, occasionally check on your private message envelope icon, near the top of the screen, and when there's a number showing, you've received a reply.

Or, use this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

ElleBee83

Sorry might have been a run on sentence lol and missing a comma....

how do I contact a mod when I decide to switch to PM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ElleBee83 wrote:

I'm wondering if I can edit my moms account info changing the email address to hers and then use my email which was previously used with my new activation and it be connected to community for rewards..... 🤞🤞🤞

Wait...I thought you said you used your email address with your mothers account.

Whatever...the email addresses have to match between the two to earn community rewards. Only the mods can change the internal email address on the self-serve after activation. The visible one becomes just login after activation.

ElleBee83

Unfortunately the email associated with my moms acct and the community is not a Gmail address ☹️

ElleBee83

I'm wondering if I can edit my moms account info changing the email address to hers and then use my email which was previously used with my new activation and it be connected to community for rewards..... 🤞🤞🤞

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ElleBee83 Gmail can help in this case as it allows email alias simply by adding a "." (dot) in between first portion of your gmail address(before @) OR add "+" along with a word like "son", "mom", etc. before the @ sign. PM will treat these as different emails, but whatever they send to these email will arrive in your gmail inbox.

Examples: abc@gmail.com email alias would be a.bc@gmail.com or abc+def@gmail.com

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ElleBee83

You buy a SIM (some stores might give it to you if you activate with them), you activate either in store or yourself online. You'll need a unique email address. You can choose to port during activation or select a number and port later.

You cannot link accounts.

The email address that was used for activation needs to be the same as the one here in the community to earn any community rewards. So you're kinda hooped there. The moderators might be able to change it on your mothers account though. Then you can activate using your email and for here in the community.

Edit: ninja'd

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ElleBee83 wrote:

I currently manage my moms Public Mobile account, having my email address and alternate phone number connected to the "My Account" login... and obviously I am the one who utilizes the Community forums...

I am seriously considering switching to PM and porting my phone number. 
-Is this still an option?

I'm  wondering about how I would activate the new service for myself? 

-Does anyone else manage more than one account? Can you have multiple accounts "linked" together?

I'd like to keep my community login so I'm hoping there is some way I can efficiently juggle this. 

You would just need to activate a new sim with a new email address or alias email address.  Both accounts can be paid for with the same credit card.  You can't link accounts here to have more than one under one email address

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.