cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving

fpr625
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be moving a 160 km in the next few months . Do I need to change any of my information?  Will it affect my plan in any way?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your on auto pay, you will need to update your CC info to be correct. People calling you that live close to your new location will have to pay long distance charges, if you dont get a new number in the area that you now live. It all depends what you want, not that you need to change it

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Consider getting a fongo account with the local exchanger number for your new area. They offer absolutely free forwarding, which you can set to your public number. You need to make a call every 90 days or so, pretty easy maintenance. They send you an email to remind you if 90 days are approaching.

This way your new neighbors would be able to reach you without long distance, also you would be able to setup your building door buzzer if needed

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As long as you are inside Canada you are fine.

Check the coverage before just so you don't get bad surprise. But the chances are you are fine. Talk to people in the new area about Telus/Bell reception.

When it comes to info on the account, just make sure you remember what is there in a case you get locked out of the account they will be asking some account details to confirm you are the owner. But as far as I know you can put an address on Mars and it will not change anything about your services.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you are on autopay you pribably need to update your cc info to your new address if you change your cc to the new address.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You might need to change your phone number to avoid  people calling in a different area code  to be charged for a long distance call.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fpr625 wrote:

I will be moving a 160 km in the next few months . Do I need to change any of my information?  Will it affect my plan in any way?

Thanks

You don't need to do anything. (edit: depends) Callers in your new location may need to call you via their own long distance.

Edit: You could choose to change your profile address. You could choose to change your number to a more local one.

Edit again: mimmo below has an excellent observation.

Need Help? Let's chat.