cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my old sim card to a new phone

Clummiss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim works in my samsung and I moved it to an iphone7 but it says no service. When I looked at the celluar settings it says public mobile. I restarted the phone but still no good. 

5 REPLIES 5

Clummiss

@computergeek541 @Chalupa_Batman @will13am 

...but under Network it says not available, does that mean it is locked?

Clummiss

@will13am @Chalupa_Batman @computergeek541 

I went to Settings-General-About, and under Carrier is says Public Mobile 50.0.1, under Carrier Lock it says No SIM restrictions. I connected to itunes and there are no messages about Public Mobile. 

I have done a network reset, reboot, and a software update and no service still.

@Clummiss wrote:

My sim works in my samsung and I moved it to an iphone7 but it says no service. When I looked at the celluar settings it says public mobile. I restarted the phone but still no good. 

I would suggest connecting your phone by USB cable to a computer and opening the iTunes program.  Check for any message that there might be about the Public Mobile not being a supported carrier.  If there's such a message, that means that your phone is locked to a different carrier and that carrier would need to be contacted to get the phone unlocked.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Clummiss 

Go into your iPhones network settings and reset your network settings. Then reboot!

Settings, General - Transfer or Reset iPhone - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Also, do you know if this iPhone 7 is locked to another carrier?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Clummiss , try performing a network reset.  

Need Help? Let's chat.