cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my old sim card to a new phone

Clummiss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim works in my samsung and I moved it to an iphone7 but it says no service. When I looked at the celluar settings it says public mobile. I restarted the phone but still no good. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Clummiss wrote:

...but under Network it says not available, does that mean it is locked?

The next step with be to visit devicecheck.ca to see if the IMEI is of the device is clean.

Clummiss

@computergeek541 @Chalupa_Batman @will13am 

...but under Network it says not available, does that mean it is locked?

Clummiss

@will13am @Chalupa_Batman @computergeek541 

I went to Settings-General-About, and under Carrier is says Public Mobile 50.0.1, under Carrier Lock it says No SIM restrictions. I connected to itunes and there are no messages about Public Mobile. 

I have done a network reset, reboot, and a software update and no service still.

@Clummiss wrote:

My sim works in my samsung and I moved it to an iphone7 but it says no service. When I looked at the celluar settings it says public mobile. I restarted the phone but still no good. 

I would suggest connecting your phone by USB cable to a computer and opening the iTunes program.  Check for any message that there might be about the Public Mobile not being a supported carrier.  If there's such a message, that means that your phone is locked to a different carrier and that carrier would need to be contacted to get the phone unlocked.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Clummiss 

Go into your iPhones network settings and reset your network settings. Then reboot!

Settings, General - Transfer or Reset iPhone - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Also, do you know if this iPhone 7 is locked to another carrier?

@Clummiss , try performing a network reset.  

Need Help? Let's chat.