cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving back to Public Mobile

Prosperious
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I moved from public mobile to another provider (Koodo) and now I want to move back. My profile is deactivated. Can you re-activate it?

Email:

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome back to PM.....you should of stayed to reap the rewards you missed out.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Welcome Back to Public Mobile @Prosperious! Imagine if you didn't leave for Koodo, you might have had $7 off in savings per month ($2 for autopay + $5 for loyalty rewards). Nevertheless, welcome back!

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  is it same email for all customers that had a previous account or just the winback ones?

I don't have any experience with trying to use the same e-mail address as was used with  a deactivated Public Mobile account. However, a winback offer did require the customer to use the same e-mail address for the self serve acocunt as last time/the same e-mail address that Public Mobile contacted the past customer at.  In some cases, I read that moderators had do something on their end to get it to work, but as there was promotion that had that requirement, re-using an e-mail address for a new Public Mobile account must be possible at least at some level.

@computergeek541  is it same email for all customers that had a previous account or just the winback ones?

@JoyLuck wrote:

@Jb456 

Have a look at this regarding using a deactivated email addresses.

From @Luddite 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887

Can the email address from the deactivated account be used for a new account?

Yes; but cannot be used for an active account.

This came up in the past when Public Mobile was making a winback offer to some past customers. One of the conditions was that the same e-mail address be used as before.

@Prosperious  I am happy to hear you resolved your issue!

Prosperious

Success. Thanks for your help @Jb456 

@JoyLuck  Thanks! Another thing new tonight lol. (Live chat) if it actually works for signing up again. Haven't noticed any other Oracle's mention this when someone is coming back. Who knows I give up on this thread. The op is writing things on English forums then different on french forums.

On to the next threads for me .

@Jb456 

Have a look at this regarding using a deactivated email addresses.

From @Luddite 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887

Can the email address from the deactivated account be used for a new account?

Yes; but cannot be used for an active account.

@Prosperious  you are now writing on both the English forums and French forums. Please stay on this English thread.

So you were with Public Mobile and you left to go to Koodo. That results in your public mobile account being closed.

Now you have an account with Koodo and your number is with Koodo correct?

You would now have to buy a new Public Mobile sim card that has never been used and activate the sim card to sign up again.

Do you have a new sim card?

If yes, go to this link to activate the card.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

You cannot use the same email address that you used in the past with Public Mobile. It has to be different! if you don't have another email you can make a Gmail or Hotmail one.

On that activation link there will be a section to port your number back from Koodo to Public Mobile.

If it is Koodo Prepaid you have to Select a new number during activation then once account is created you can contact moderators to port your number over. You would click the question mark bottom right to open the chat bot and then type "port request" and follow the steps.

Let us know!

Prosperious

Hi,

I transfered away from Public Mobile to Koodo and now I want to move back. I tried creating a new account but it says "The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click". I try to reset my password and it says either "ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled " or "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address." depending on the email I enter.

What can I do?

Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Prosperious 

90 days after your old plan was suspended, your old plan was closed.  If you port your PM number to Koodo, your account was closed right away after number port.  You need to activate a new plan again.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Prosperious 

First click the 3 dots on right of your post and click edit post. Remove your email it's a public forum everyone can see it.

To come back you need a new sim card and need to use a different email address that you haven't used on PM before.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.