cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly charges

Cliff21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My monthly charges have increased from $28.00 to $35.00 plus GST. I received no notice or expl

4 REPLIES 4

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cliff21 

try using Incognito mode

if still freezes, try the Public Mobile app

Cliff21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would love to switch to the $29 plan but everytime I try the system freezes up. Very

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cliff21  You may have missed the announcement . Everyone has been moved to the new points rewards and the old legacy rewards have been removed . This will cost your around $60 more a year . Instead you now pay full plan amount and will receive points rewards . Once you have 15 points you can redeem $15 off your bill from the rewards portal in your account 

@Cliff21 

Are you on $35 plan? if so, you might be able to get the savings back.  But let me tell you what the actual issue is

PM retired the old reward system earlier (May 2024) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
After renewal, PM will give you the points to your reward account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

But you have a $35-3GB plan, you might be able to get the lost money back.  PM is offering existing subscribers a $29-10GB plan. That is pretty much the same monthly cost you have been paying with more data.   Or you can check the $34-50GB plans (they have two different ones)

Need Help? Let's chat.