cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator needed to help cancel the setup of this service by a luddite

ClaireRosalynde
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the SIM and tried to set it up. I could not receive texts required for security checks that are needed for so many of our daily activities. I have spent over 2 hours on this and learning there is no help, I don't want to use this service. I have tried to log a ticket but my username and password I log in with to see my account details do not work. It's been 24-hrs and I am not even started, and I know the savings are not worth my time. Better for tech-savvy folks. However, I need a moderate to contact me to respect this service doesn't work for everyone and help me cancel the setup, and confirm no charge will be on my credit card. If I don't hear back, I will have to call the credit card and contest the charge and ensure no future charges. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ClaireRosalynde 

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

How To Change Your SIM Card

follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to your email,  please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by 

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ClaireRosalynde  - Sorry to hear of frustrations you are having. 

I am a bit unclear where you are having your issue. Did you complete the activation pages and pass the payment section?

Online activation found here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you did not get charged for SIM activation then I guess you can walk away, but if you still want to activate, try 

using this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ClaireRosalynde 

Well let's take a little time to see where you are in all this and we will walk you thru the steps you need to take to get some customer support. But we need a little info from you. I realize that you feel kind of lost but you have done quite well already trying to get your sim set up and access your self serve account. You are much braver than I when pm I joined public mobile I just let the store activate my sim card and I finally created my account 2 weeks later....but back to you. It sounds like you have activated the sim card....If so.....

1. Have you put the public mobile sim card in your phone?
  2. Do you have working service? Calls? In/out? Texts? In/out? Mobile data?
  3. Did you set up your self serve account? Can you log in?

If the answer to #1 is no. Insert the sim card in your phone to see if you have service. If you dont have service check your credit card online account to see if you have a posted transaction from public mobile or possibly a transaction from KOODO REAPPROV?

Once we know the answers above we can move along to the next step and advise you of your options. Just keep in mind that public mobile is a prepaid service provider that normally is non-refundable but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Need Help? Let's chat.