cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing voicemail

itshannahivy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

Today I got a notification on my iPhone that I had a voicemail, but when I called my voicemail there was no message. 
I had been getting an error message from my voicemail when trying to call, it would say ‘call failed’, and I couldn’t access my voicemail for a few days. That seems to be working fine now, just not sure if it’s related. 
I am waiting for a call back after a job interview so I’m desperate to know if I actually should have a voicemail and if so how to retrieve it!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

9 REPLIES 9

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@itshannahivy wrote:

Hello all,

Today I got a notification on my iPhone that I had a voicemail, but when I called my voicemail there was no message. 
I had been getting an error message from my voicemail when trying to call, it would say ‘call failed’, and I couldn’t access my voicemail for a few days. That seems to be working fine now, just not sure if it’s related. 
I am waiting for a call back after a job interview so I’m desperate to know if I actually should have a voicemail and if so how to retrieve it!

@itshannahivy 

Have you tried calling your own number?

@itshannahivy 

Did your voicemail ever work?

I presumed you setup your voicemail... https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Did you try calling your number from another device and see if the call goes to your voicemail? That way, you'll know it's in place. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itshannahivy wrote:

I tried resetting the network settings, rebooting my phone, and taking out the SIM card then putting it back in… still no luck 😞

@itshannahivy 

you can try to backup and Factory Reset your device.

or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

to them check it your account.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@itshannahivy wrote:

I tried resetting the network settings, rebooting my phone, and taking out the SIM card then putting it back in… still no luck 😞

@itshannahivy  if you have a voicemail number saved in your contacts, delete it. 

Then re-add it as per your location, see list of Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

OH, @HALIMACS had that posted...I missed that. See their post for the list of Access numbers: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Missing-voicemail/m-p/760970/highlight/true...

itshannahivy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@itshannahivy wrote:

I had been getting an error message from my voicemail when trying to call, it would say ‘call failed’, and I couldn’t access my voicemail for a few days. That seems to be

@itshannahivy    next time when you have the same issue for calling your voicemail from your phone, try to use a landline to call yourself and access VM to see if it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@itshannahivy 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

Set up Voicemail (publicmobile.ca)

Check your voicemail messages (publicmobile.ca)

and try to call your number from your device.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@itshannahivy wrote:

Hello all,

@itshannahivy  

Try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@itshannahivy 

Make sure your voicemail# is:

1(your area code) xxx-4001

See this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N....

Need Help? Let's chat.