cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing points plan for US roaming?

danielchung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I recall a while back that there was a 5 pts for 250 MB US data roaming plan that I could purchase using points and was one of the main reasons I switched to Public mobile in the first place. Was I just imagining this, or did Public remove it? I'd really like for it to be added back if it is! I can't seem to find it in my rewards portal, which is really a shame 😞 I really don't need the extra 250 MB that I could get for 10 pts so it would be a waste to use that.

11 REPLIES 11

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@danielchung   the 250Mb is back to 5 Rewards points now , and good news is that it is 15 days long now)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/new-US-Add-ons/m-p/929983/highlight/true#...

(thanks @whyveeare ) 

Also, there is a completely new line up for roaming add-ons now

HI @danielchung   I am positive that it was 5 points for 250 MB US roaming back then.  I don't have Public Points myself, but I helped my friend to buy that , so I remember.  I even tell my friend it was a good deal, half friend using points

did they remove it?  I think PM is re-lining up the roaming add-on, I see they offered TALK TEXT Data for 1GB now.   I think you will see different add-on in the points catalogue now (or soon) becaue of the lineup changes

🤞 @danielchung 

danielchung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looking at this old forum post, https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-roaming-question/m-p/821375/highlight/... it really seems like there used to be a 5 points for 250 MB add on. Now I only see a 10 MB. Really hope it can be added back. Thanks all for the responses!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Increased the redemption value but they have not added it back....but why bother since no one would redeem $10 worth of points when you can purchase it for $10 and if you are earning 3×points get 1.5pts back for the purchase and/or redeem 10pts for a discounted 500mb of data?

@danielchung   they must have increased the price for that one particular addon , now, both 250Mb and 500Mb cost 10 points

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Catalogue

So, I guess if you really need the addon data, buy 500MB

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@danielchung 

Well you are not crazy. While it is listed in the redemption catalogue from the help articles supplied by @HALIMACS  it no longer is appearing in the redemption catalogue in the points rewards accounts. It looks like pm has recently pulled it from the redemption catalogue. Perhaps they decided a 50% discount was too high so it's no longer on offer which is a shame that they making  the redemptions less attractive just like the lucky draw prizes of $250 and $300 gift cards requiring a 2pt redemption instead of the previous 1pt redemption.

@J_PM 

Is this a glitch or is the US Roaming 250mb data add on/5pt redemption gone forever?

@hycm53 wrote:

I don't think there's any points or rewards for add-ons. Points or old rewards are only for the plan not for add-ons and are linked to the account, that being said if you change the plan, your points or rewards won't lose.

@hycm53   I believe OP was talking about redeeming points for addon.

But in terms of earning points , YES, you can earn point for all purchase on PM service, which include both regular plan renewal as well as purchase of add-on

Earn points just by paying your bill. For every dollar you spend (on your plan and on add-ons), you’ll make 5% of it back in points. Spend away!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@danielchung   you were right,  250 Mb roaming data for 10 days  should be just 5 rewards points when you redeem your point.  You sure you didn't see it?  try again using Incognito mode and see

So, how many points now to redeem 250Mb roaming data?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@danielchung wrote:

Hello!

I recall a while back that there was a 5 pts for 250 MB US data roaming plan that I could purchase using points and was one of the main reasons I switched to Public mobile in the first place. Was I just imagining this, or did Public remove it? I'd really like for it to be added back if it is! I can't seem to find it in my rewards portal, which is really a shame 😞 I really don't need the extra 250 MB that I could get for 10 pts so it would be a waste to use that.

I don't think there's any points or rewards for add-ons. Points or old rewards are only for the plan not for add-ons and are linked to the account, that being said if you change the plan, your points or rewards won't lose.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@danielchung 

Just to ensure you're aware, US roaming add-on purchases become active from the moment of purchase, so if you are looking to purchase one, make sure to do it when it is needed, as they expire 240 hours from the date of purchase.

The US add-on options available are what is displayed in the add-on section.

EDIT:  @danielchung  for the complete catalogue of available items to use with Public Points, see below:

Public Points Catalogue (publicmobile.ca)

• The 5 points for 200mb is for within Canada data.
  • The 10 points for 250mb is for the US Add-on.
Need Help? Let's chat.