cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Urgent Medical Calls

cm46
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am currently in a hospital and had finally arranged for a physician's call. Waited for three hours, only to find out, I had been missing her calls all afternoon, as well as from anyone else. All calls are going directly to my voicemail without ringing. I have tried everything with the help of what little access I have and it is definitely not my phone, which is new. This is urgent for myself and my family.

6 REPLIES 6

cm46
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah, this is a little bit nuts. No actual solution provided by PM and the one that users managed to figure out quicker hasn’t been recognized? 
Your phone is fine? So is my wife’s we are both on Public but she’s at home, 25 minutes across the city so she’s not affected. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It could be that reception in a hospital is not that great particularly if you are far from the windows.

How many signal bars do you have?

I am sure your phone worked well before hospital visit so it has to be something with current location or Telus has some network issues.

If you have somebody with PM service find out do they miss calls.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cm46  What troubleshooting have you tried?  See some suggestions to try below:

*ensure you do not have your DND (do not disturb settings) accidently turned on your device

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*check your SIM in another working phone to see if calls come through

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

If still issues after this an other's suggestion, contact CSA to assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah seems to be running a little rampant....i haven't experienced this yet (knock on wood) but it is definitely getting increasingly more concerning.. Hopefully this will be addressed soon. 

@cm46 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Several threads the last few days about the same situation.  It has been brought up to Public mobile attention, but no official response yet.  One quick way to resolve the issue is to put your PM SIM card in another phone and then re-insert back to  your original phone.  Seems to re-provision the SIM card/account.  

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.