cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Phone Calls

Poploco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Wondering what is going on. For the past month, there's a bunch of calls not getting to my mobile phone. They can text me no problem but voice calls are just going to voicemail without ringing on my phone at all.  I did make sure to call myself from a few place and those work fine.  What is going on? 😞

15 REPLIES 15

sabah31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started having this issue over the last month or more. I am realizing my phone has always been on 2G/3G/4G setting. I just checked and am seeing better signal of -74dbs on 2G/3G setting versus -100dbs on 2G/3G/4G setting, so for now going to avoid 4G to see if it helps. I miss calls without even knowing, no notification whatsoever. Texts work just fine. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Poploco 

If your signal strength is poor -100dBm or lower then other factors can have a greater influence of whether or not you receive the call or if it diverts to voicemail. It could be impeded by construction materials, weather, location within your home etc...even your fridge could impede your signal strength at the right time and place of the location of your phone for an incoming call to default to voicemail.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

@Poploco   try to find out what provider those who cannot call you are using.  You might be able to find out they are from specific provider (or same group, like Rogers-Fido-Chatr).  Let us know what you find out.   I saw problem before that it was an issue the source and not PM.  It could be that the source provider thought your number was with them and hence not routing the call outside of that network. 

But try to find out what provider they use first, let us know, and we can suggest  🙂

Poploco

I am in contact with support. If I didn't get any calls at all, I could see how connectivity issues would matter but it's not all calls that end up not going through.  In any case, I will see what support says.

@darlicious wrote:

@Poploco 

While you have your phone set to 3G only go to your Settings>>About Phone>>Sim Card Status>> You will want to see signal strength reading of -60dBm to -90dBm. Please report back the reading of your 3G signal strength.

There are many factors that that can impact those readings and some devices report them differently, but generally, the best you're going to see for an HSPA/3g-type network is -51dBm which is even better than -60dBm.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Poploco 

While you have your phone set to 3G only go to your Settings>>About Phone>>Sim Card Status>> You will want to see signal strength reading of -60dBm to -90dBm. Please report back the reading of your 3G signal strength.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

Poploco

Tried that... isn't working.   It's a Note 9.  Never had any issues. It's just the last couple weeks.  And it is not a region issue I think because I'm in NB and I live in the center/south-ish section and was just up northwest of NB a few days ago and a similar situation happened.  Many calls don't get to my phone.  Checked block calls settings, etc... nothing seems to fix the issue. Even tried a factory reset.

Poploco

Tried that... isn't working.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Poploco @fdrcamb519 

Eventually everyone's local cell towers will get their equipment upgrades and will experience some variation of disrupted service. Take solace in the fact that more than 70% of telus's customers have had the equipment upgrade work completed on their local cell towers.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes definitely seem to be a lot of posts about this issue. Increasingly so, and more than there has ever been in the past, I hope this is something that gets rectified, whether it has to do with 3G, network transitions, etc etc 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Poploco  - there does seem to be some network issues reported recently, a bit, similar and perhaps out of the ordinary.

Try basic troubleshooting for both your phones, like:

• restarting
  • toggling into/out of airplane mode
  • removing your SIM cards, then gently re-inserting them. Restart phone.
  • perform a reset of the device's network settings.
  • can you try your SIM into another phone to see if the issue persists?

If these and any other suggestions are not helping, try submitting a ticket to CSA to inquire more about your area and/or accounts. If you do go to CSA please come back and give us an idea of what may be the current issues are,

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Poploco

Same here.  Been with them for years. First time this happens.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Poploco    I’m getting the same thing, notice the missed calls, no ringing, I have been with PM For a while first time it’s happening.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Poploco   What kind of phone do you have ? which area (province and city) you are at?

do you notice better reception and less missed calls at other location ?

Try this : Change your preferred network type on your phone to 3G ONLY / WCDMA ONLY and see if it helps.  If so, leave it like that for another week or two before changing it back 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Poploco 

Maybe try putting your preferred network on your phone to 3G.

Need Help? Let's chat.