cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 250mb us roaming data

Slowvac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Bought a $20 US Roaming package, got the qp day unlimited text and calling, but the 250mb data never showed up and my trip is over tomorrow. 🙁 Connecting to Telus fine and went through all the troubleshooting / reboot phone to no avail. Husband did the same and his works fine. 

19 REPLIES 19

Ok then. Yes that does explain the other 250. I would go another step. Your husbands account should get $10 back for what turned out to be the unnecessary 250 purchase and you should get $5 back for the lack of data on your account. That payment history image you gave was from your account right? You're not mixing things up? Gotta ask. And you did click that spinner icon?

@Slowvac 

Thank you for explaining the purchases. Now that makes sense. So customer support should credit back the $10 / 250 MB US roaming data add on to your husband's account that would make up for and not showing up with your $20 bundle.

Slowvac

No issue with hubby's account. He bought the $20 bundle and then the data add-on. 

Slowvac

Did that. Thanks. 

Slowvac

Husband originally purchased $20 roaming bundle and then since I didn't get data, we both had to use his. He topped up with another $10 data add-on so he wouldn't run out using Waze on the way back. He wouldn't have needed to if my data was working. 

@dust2dust wrote:

@darlicious- I vote freaky caching crossing over to the other account. The first account bought the bundle. Perhaps caching kept some data alive as the bundle was purchased on the other account. That's ridiculous that the first account has 2-250mb buckets with different day counters.But otherwise all other add-ons have the same day counter.

It's very hard to get customers to fiddle with things when we're talking money. @hairbag1 has been very good with his findings. But not this same kind of scenario.

@Slowvac- I'd want to see the payment history of the first account too and going back to when it was purchased. And any other roaming add-ons purchased in any of these time frames on both accounts.

Could you also be sure to click those little spinner refresh icons lower down that you see there. On both accounts.

But yes at the end of the day it can only be support that can do anything about it. We're just trying to figure out what happened.

I was never able to repeat this, but I have also seen an instance of the Public Mobile website showing mixed information from two different accounts. When I say this, I'm speaking of things such as being logged into one account but some details such as account balance or plan information being displayed for a different account (one that I had just been logged into).  The only way to ever fix this was to close the browser and log back in afte relaunching the browser.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious- I vote freaky caching crossing over to the other account. The first account bought the bundle. Perhaps caching kept some data alive as the bundle was purchased on the other account. That's ridiculous that the first account has 2-250mb buckets with different day counters.But otherwise all other add-ons have the same day counter.

It's very hard to get customers to fiddle with things when we're talking money. @hairbag1 has been very good with his findings. But not this same kind of scenario.

@Slowvac- I'd want to see the payment history of the first account too and going back to when it was purchased. And any other roaming add-ons purchased in any of these time frames on both accounts.

Could you also be sure to click those little spinner refresh icons lower down that you see there. On both accounts.

But yes at the end of the day it can only be support that can do anything about it. We're just trying to figure out what happened.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Slowvac 

Now I am confused your husband was able to purchase the $20 bundle when the current one has not expired? This is not supposed to happen. Additionally since your trip is over tomorrow it was not necessary to purchase the bundle since the talk and text would not expire before your trip was over? Was his intention to add more data since it was about to run out? When asking for a credit for your account your husband should also contact customer support and ask for a credit for the bundle especially if the data does not end up being touched at all. But at the very least a credit for the talk and text as all he needed to add was just a US roaming data add-on.

@dust2dust 

Have you seen this? Perhaps public will has fixed the glitch not allowing you to add the same US roaming add-on until 24 hours after expiry? Except now this can happen?!!

@Slowvac   Just open ticket with PM Support.  They usually handle this well and will provide appropriate compensation or partial refund

Slowvac

Purchase history and current add-ons:

Screenshot_20221002-202853.png

Screenshot_20221002-202931.png

  my husband had to buy another data package because mine wasn't working. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

It would appear that 250 MB of US roaming data was purchased today as a separate add-on. The other 250 MB of US roaming data is part of the $20 bundle. There are no restrictions on purchasing other US Roaming add-ons only the same US Roaming add-on.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Slowvac - this picture is your husband's account?

esjliv_0-1664750453423.png

I was thinking maybe your husband got 2 and you got none. But the 10 day countdowns are different, so purchased 8 days apart?

I thought there was an issue with purchasing 2 same Roaming addons to an account at the same time? Or maybe this is no longer the case? Unless this is a refresh issue.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Slowvac 

Can you double check your payment history and see which US roaming bundle was purchased for your account? It almost sounds like only the text and talk bundle was purchased for $15. Otherwise when the data is fully consumed the data counter would normally disappear from your account. But since you said you have never been able to use it it's unlikely that you've consumed it very very quickly at the beginning of your trip.

You can also download your daily usage history. And look at your data consumption for the period of your trip. If you have no consumption since you began your trip then you know for sure there was no accidental data usage. Keep in mind that the daily usage pages are only current up until about midnight Eastern last night as data is reported in two 12 hour blocks of time daily in your daily usage history.

Then at that point if the $20 US roaming bundle was purchased and you have used no data and it's not appearing on your account then you can ask for a credit from customer support. Make sure you also screenshot your plans and add-ons page in your account immediately to at least show what you currently can see while the US roaming bundle is still valid and has not expired yet.

Slowvac

Sorry, a bit frazzled because didn't plan on having to deal with this on our weekend getaway. Was thinking TelUS! 😂

Haven't had any problems texting or voice. 

Slowvac

Yes, data roaming is enabled. My husband set everything up on both our phones. His works, mine doesn't. His shows us data roaming (above), mine doesn't. Caused us all sorts of frustration when I couldn't search for hotels or restaurants while he was driving.

Slowvac

Correct. I'm in MN. this is my husband's. Mine doesn't have the 250mb us data roaming. 

IMG_20221002_153423.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Slowvac 

Connected to Telus? If you are roaming in the US you need to connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T. Only T-Mobile will offer voice calling on the 2G network otherwise mobile data and texting will work on the 4G LTE network. Try manually connecting to either of those two network providers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Slowvac did you enable Mobile Data Roaming on your phone?  that is a setting you need to enable before yiu can use the roaming data.  It is a setting on your phone 

I believe  you connected to T-Mobile,  you can try to connect to AT&T but your voice will likely not work with that network 

And if yiu really can't get data to work, open ticket with PM and they will likely apply some partial refund for you

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Slowvac wrote:

Bought a $20 US Roaming package, got the qp day unlimited text and calling, but the 250mb data never showed up and my trip is over tomorrow. 🙁 Connecting to Telus fine and went through all the troubleshooting / reboot phone to no avail. Husband did the same and his works fine. 

There isn't any way to troubleshoot or test roaming services while you're in Canada. When you say that it doesn't show up, do you mean that the add-on isnt' listed on your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.