cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed entering referral code

TashaB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed entering my friend's referral code when creating my account today.

Can we still add it afterwards?

9 REPLIES 9

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

I am sharing my experiences with CS Agents when the OP's situation has occurred with me. If I remember correctly, one was posted within the last few months where the person never got the credits after using, oddly enough, my code. The CS Agent asked for all the information above as others CS Agents have asked for this information in the past as well. I'd gladly share a cut and paste from previous messages to your private message box if you'd like to see. 

If you feel however, these CS Agents aren't supposed to be asking these questions, please feel free to bring this up to your contacts with Public Mobile that you have as an Oracle here. If this is something that needs to be addressed and corrected, then now is the time moving forward. 

I'm not doubting what you're saying, and I have seen it myself.  I'm only saying that it defeats the entire purpose of the referral code.  This has brought up with Public Mobile numerous times.  I've even expressed concern to them how some CSAs also make it standard practice to give out the phone number of the referrer to the person being referred as some type of confirmation (even though the referred perosn never had the phone number to start with and never mentioned it).  That's simply unacceptable.

TashaB

UPDATE: They asked for the referral code and the Other persons phone #, that's it

@Chalupa_Batman 

whenever I've had dealings with Customer Support..the 1st things they ask are those questions. They want my acct #, cell #, last payment date & amount, name on acct, PM pin # ...and more !!

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hey @TashaB . Just to add to @Handy1 and @hairbag1 comment, when you do contact a CS Agent to fix this, please make sure you have all of your friends information as this will make the transition faster. They are going to require their name, address and phone number and maybe email address, that depends on the CS Agent. They will require your name address email address phone number and the last 4 digits of the credit card you used. Thought I'd help you get prepared.  Also note it can take up to 72 hours for both parties to be notified of this referral. It should show up under your credits by Thursday and your friend will get a text message saying Chick Ching.

Customer suport agents really don't need any of that information. The entire idea of the referral code is for that information to stay private and that customers can refer others without providing all that infromation to others.   I'm not saying that a CSA won't ask for some of that information, or that it might even help the CSA find the appropriate account, just that they really shouldn't be asking for all of that.

Hello @computergeek541 

I am sharing my experiences with CS Agents when the OP's situation has occurred with me. If I remember correctly, one was posted within the last few months where the person never got the credits after using, oddly enough, my code. The CS Agent asked for all the information above as others CS Agents have asked for this information in the past as well. I'd gladly share a cut and paste from previous messages to your private message box if you'd like to see. 

If you feel however, these CS Agents aren't supposed to be asking these questions, please feel free to bring this up to your contacts with Public Mobile that you have as an Oracle here. If this is something that needs to be addressed and corrected, then now is the time moving forward. 

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hey @TashaB . Just to add to @Handy1 and @hairbag1 comment, when you do contact a CS Agent to fix this, please make sure you have all of your friends information as this will make the transition faster. They are going to require their name, address and phone number and maybe email address, that depends on the CS Agent. They will require your name address email address phone number and the last 4 digits of the credit card you used. Thought I'd help you get prepared.  Also note it can take up to 72 hours for both parties to be notified of this referral. It should show up under your credits by Thursday and your friend will get a text message saying Chick Ching.

Customer suport agents really don't need any of that information. The entire idea of the referral code is for that information to stay private and that customers can refer others without providing all that infromation to others.   I'm not saying that a CSA won't ask for some of that information, or that it might even help the CSA find the appropriate account, just that they really shouldn't be asking for all of that.

TashaB

Thanks so much

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TashaB  You will need to ask support to help add it for you after the fact 

send  direct  private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agent

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@TashaB 

as the person who activated the new account, you must have Customer Support add the referal code. Click on the orange bubble bottom right side of page to start5 that process....OR...us this link to message 'em...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.