cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed 2022's Holiday Bonus

Wonsleved
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last year I never got a Christmas time text message with bonus data + minutes. My partner received the text but I did not. What can I do to ensure I get the text this year? Is it possible that I accidentally texted STOP to the promotions texts that everyone receives from Public Mobile occasionally? If that's the case, is there any way to undo that?

10 REPLIES 10

Wonsleved

I'm guessing this is the real answer here. I don't remember unsubscribing from PM's advertisements, but I couldn't think of another reason as to why I didn't get the text. I suppose they pick and choose who gets the bonus. 

Wonsleved

I tried this and got the response:

"Public Mobile: Looks like the offer had expired, so no changes have been made to your account. Don't worry, you haven't been charged for this attempt."

Wonsleved

Thanks for your reply Me0W. I joined August 2019. I'll try texting 4911. Should I send exactly "reopen Que"? what does that mean?

Wonsleved

Thanks Handy1! I followed your advice. 

@Handy1 yeah it's best to check back here in December to ensure you don't miss it. You used to be able to login to your account to activate it without a text, but IIRC last year it was text only. But at least you'd have the opportunity to message support to rectify it. 

@DennyCrane  That’s true and even when you’re on that list . You don’t always get the messages . You hear from friends and family and then have to ask support to apply those holiday bonuses . I know I had to last year for my holiday bonus 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It's all marketing, so you can't pick and choose. You're either in or out. That said, PM doesn't typically spam. Maybe twice a year? I recently got a text to upgrade to the Can/US plan, but aside from that I think the holiday bonus was the last one. 

Well @dust2dust this is what worries me and concerns me. Sometimes I'd like to have those Public Mobile advertisements of that Internet Service they offer a discount on to stop. However if I enter STOP and send, I'm not sure if will just stop THOSE text messages or ALL text messages from PM. @Wonsleved may have pressed STOP to an unrelated advertisement that may have stopped the Christmas text from coming. I'm really not sure HOW that works.  I wish there was more clarity on this from cellular providers.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How exactly would you accidentally type s then a t then an o and finally a p and then send? 🙂 Perhaps you didn't like receiving texts from here for whatever reason and decided you would stop or block them. The last text came from the number 4911. Perhaps you could type that as a recipient and type subscribe and send. Maybe.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Wonsleved  You can submit ticket  with support to be put back on the list for promotions and holiday give aways 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

add on the website at almost bottom of page you can click I consent to electronic message  offers  . This may work also I believe @Wonsleved 

Handy1_0-1691859219727.png

Need Help? Let's chat.