cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on not showing on account

LannyM1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I added 1GB of data to my daughter's phone from her rewards and then paid for 3GB to be added because she's gone on a trip.  Both shoe up under the add on section but neither is being used and she got a text to her phone to add more data.  I don't want to pay for more when I already paid for it.  Will rebooting her phone work to fix the problem?

18 REPLIES 18

LannyM1

Thank you everyone for the help!  I got a hold of the help people and the US data was removed and a credit was put on her account.  Again thank you for all the help.  You guys are amazing.

@LannyM1 

here's the In Canada data add-on that dust2dust suggests you need for use in Canada..

data.jpg

For the Shop Add-ons purchase, you need to tap the top drop down arrow to see the different kinds of add-ons you can buy. You'll see Bundle, Data, Minutes. Choose Data.
I can't answer the points redemption as I don't have points. I would be quite certain that Canada data should be in there though.

@LannyM1 wrote:

It makes me log in every time I want to reply.  I'm losing me **bleep**.  How do i make a ticket?  

HI @LannyM1 

Security and peace of mind comes with a price 🙂

make sure you check "Trusted device.."

you can submit ticket by message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LannyM1

It makes me log in every time I want to reply.  I'm losing me **bleep**.  How do i make a ticket?  

@LannyM1 

@dust2dust wrote:

Those are US roaming add-ons. You bought the wrong ones since you said she is in Canada.

That makes a big difference as that data only works while in USA. (I thought she was in USA). You'll need to buy the In Canada data add-on option.  Maybe CSA will credit her account if you ask..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LannyM1

If it's only available in US why were those the ONLY options to add data from her account?  The 1GB was straight from her rewards portal!  This is insane!  

@LannyM1 wrote:

Screenshot_20230812_132858_Chrome.jpg

HI @LannyM1 

this is US addon you got, both of them

Just submit a ticket with PM agent and ask them to help, change to a Canada data and ask to leave the extra fund back to the account

Those are US roaming add-ons. You bought the wrong ones since you said she is in Canada.

@LannyM1 

tell daughter to make sure roaming data is enabled on her phone.

LannyM1

Screenshot_20230812_132858_Chrome.jpg

LannyM1

I can't see the pictures clearly.   My daughter is using a galaxy A52 as am I.   I added thr data through the public mobile web site in her account.  When I did the 1gb of data ad on through her rewards I got an email saying it would be applied after 24 hours.  Thats 2 days ago.  I have logged in incognito and refreshed thr page and UT says both add ons  are at 0% used.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LannyM1  

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1691866384731.jpeg

For most up to date account info

HI @LannyM1 

should be fine then

do you have access to the email setup for her account you can login My Account, request 2FA to send to email instead of phone, just click "Didn't receive the code?" and email would be an option there

LannyM1

Canada

HI @LannyM1 

is she in Canada or US?

LannyM1

I can't do that from my phone because it sends a code to hers and now she's not responding.  Unless on wifi or someone's Hotspot she can't send texts.  She shouldn't need data to send/receive texts!!!  This is maddening.  She's 4 hours away.  And I can't contact her now. I have verified MY phone as a trusted device because I am on pu kic mobile too but it keeps sending her a verification code.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LannyM1 

plesae login her My Account again using Incognito/Private/Secret mode and the add-ons should be there, it is just a browser cache problem

Need Help? Let's chat.