cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes

Aaron_7724
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a plan with unlimited minutes,

I cant make a phone call it says I'm out of minutes.

I'm calling from Canada to Canada. I havent left Canada at all. 

Why cant I make a phone call?

16 REPLIES 16

@Timer wrote:

@Aaron_7724 

manually select network 3G only or WCDMA,
and rebooting device.

There isn't any way that changing the network type to 3g could make more minutes appaer on the account. Furthermore, as the voice connection to the network is being made, the person would already be on that network when attempting to place the calls.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron_7724 

manually select network 3G only or WCDMA,
and rebooting device.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron_7724 

Make it 10 minutes just to be safe.

@Aaron_7724 did you keep trying the same phone number or you tried other number , too?

If you tried multiple numbers and non of them work, turn off your phone for 5 mins, then power up and try again

Aaron_7724

$35 unlimited call and text with 2.5GB at 3G

Aaron_7724

Has a 1 in front

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron_7724 

What is the exact message you hear before the call drops?

Edit:

Do you have access to another phone? If so put your sim card in the other phone or if you have a dual sim phone the other sim slot. Reboot and send a text or make a call. Remove your sim card and return to your phone insert and reboot. Then manually dial a contact as I described previously and report back.

@Aaron_7724 wrote:

It drops my call after the message plays

@Aaron_7724 - that's no good. What if you toggle into airplane mode for a bit, then toggle back? 

To add instructions from my previous post..

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If you move your sim to another phone, try to make a call. Then move your sim back to your own phone, does this help?

If still issues, submit a ticket by either method provided by @RossN 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron_7724 

Because you are a new customer. Look at this like a gentle hazing that will eventually go away the longer you are a customer. Very common when you first start this glitch will likely occur a few times over your first few months up to possibly a year. A simple reboot of the phone usually solves the issue but if you find it increases in frequency rather than lessen then you should contact customer support. Manually dialing a frequent contact after rebooting and ensuring you use (1) in front of the number can help ensure the call connects properly after rebooting and the problem fixes itself.

Aaron_7724

It drops my call after the message plays

Aaron_7724

No change.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron_7724 

if the calls you are making are still going through, then ignore that message you are receiving (since you are on an unlimited plan). Those messages should stop on their own.

If calls are not going through, try to restart your phone, or you can also perform a reset of the network settings.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Aaron_7724 it is a common glitch,  just reboot your phone and that should fix it 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron_7724 hi try reseating your sim, you may have a provisioning issue with your account 

contact a cs agent

1.  you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Aaron_7724 

Try putting a 1 in front of the number.

Need Help? Let's chat.