cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes problem

mickyc158
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there, I have an issue with a "minutes" used issue.  Since Jan 1, the phone says that I am out of minutes.  Granted, I have only 100 outgoing minutes on my plan, but since Dec 1, even rounding to the highest portion of a minute, only 19 minutes have been used.

What is going on here?

18 REPLIES 18

MahadE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You can view the min total on the overview section of the website. I hope that helps.

@mickyc158 wrote:

Also, do you know if there is any way to get my history as a spreadsheet?  I think I made an assumption that sorting the list would group all types together no matter where they are on the list.

Sorting is not reliable in the Usage history.  It looks sorted but it is not!!! really check through each page 

@mickyc158 wrote:

Also, do you know if there is any way to get my history as a spreadsheet?  I think I made an assumption that sorting the list would group all types together no matter where they are on the list.

@mickyc158  - no easy way to do this unfortunately...as mentioned, I tired to be very detailed and track all usage...but it got to be too much work 😣

At this time, there is no way to export the detailed usage through our Self Serve accounts.

Copy and paste is all I know how to do it.

mickyc158

Around 10 pages ... that is why I would prefer a dump from the server.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mickyc158 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,usage history, but sometime is take 12hr to 24hr to you will see the right number of your usage.

@mickyc158 wrote:

If I have used up all my minutes ... would that not be reported in my usage history sorted on "minutes"

@mickyc158 

It should show up in your usage history, but the tricky part is choosing the correct 30 day cycle.  Count the minutes from the previous renewal date to present time.  

Do you have any talk add ons available including the most recent holiday giveaway?  That should give you local calling minutes also.  

Another possibility is sometimes the talk counter did not reset with a renewal.  It is a rare occurrence.  

@mickyc158 wrote:

If I have used up all my minutes ... would that not be reported in my usage history sorted on "minutes"

@mickyc158 

If the Data and Add-On's section referenced earlier do not show available minutes, you've used them.

Full stop.

Consider either purchasing a $5.00 add-on for 500 minutes, using a VoIP voice calling app when in Wi-Fi, or changing plans to an unlimited Canada-wide calling plan.

@mickyc158....your regular plan minutes have been used up. You can now get the 500 minute of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. That should help until regular plan renews.

Alternative is to get $25 plan that has Unlimited Canada calling minutes included....as well as a bit more data.

@mickyc158 wrote:

@mickyc158 it should be in your detailed usage, yes. 

But even a few seconds count as 1 minute for an outgoing call. So going through the detailed usage can be quite onerous unless you only have a page or 2 to scroll through.   

Or, you are a spreadsheet whiz and you have time to copy and paste the info to track that way...believe, I tried this but it was too much work! 😆

How many pages are you looking through in your detail usage history?

mickyc158

mickyc158

@mickyc158 wrote:

Also, this happens when trying to get a voicemail

@mickyc158  I suspect you may have used up your minutes, and you do not see the line item under your overview section.

If so, you can purchase a $5 addon which gives you 500 Canada wide calling minutes. This will stay on your account until all used up. 

The plan minutes will always get used first before the addon kicks in going forward.

In your self service account, do you see the 100 minutes tracker in your Data and Add on section?  If you don't see the tracker, that means you ran out of minutes this cycle.  

Checking voice mail does also use up minutes.  

@mickyc158 wrote:

I get a voice on the line that tells me that all minutes are used and yet only 19 are displayed in my call history.

@mickyc158 what does it say in your OVERVIEW section of your Self SErve account?

If the line item is missing then you DID use up all your minutes.

Do not go by details usage.

FYI, checking you voicemail with your PUblic Mobile device does use your outgoing minutes.

So to avoid this, call your number from a landline or other cell phone or create a free voip number like Fongo to check your voicemail and not use any minutes at all.

mickyc158

Also, this happens when trying to get a voicemail

mickyc158

I get a voice on the line that tells me that all minutes are used and yet only 19 are displayed in my call history.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mickyc158 

ignore that message,

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

when your minutes or data limit used all, is will be off until next renewal cycle,

Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mickyc158 wrote:

Hello there, I have an issue with a "minutes" used issue.  Since Jan 1, the phone says that I am out of minutes.  Granted, I have only 100 outgoing minutes on my plan, but since Dec 1, even rounding to the highest portion of a minute, only 19 minutes have been used.

What is going on here?

@mickyc158  if you are seeing only 19 minutes used out of 100 under the Overview section of your Self Serve account, that you can safely ignore that message.

Are you getting a text message or a voice when calling out?

Does the call still complete? IF so, that is good.

Try rebooting your phone, or perform a reset of your network settings.

IF the call does not complete, then I would submit a ticket with Customer Support.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

EDIT: I would not go by your minutes detail usage. The overview section is the most live, accurate area to go by when you are on a limited minutes plan.

OVERVIEW looks like this:

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

Need Help? Let's chat.