cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member for 2 months - email saying need to port number

mjcarter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I've been a member for a couple months and I had a bit of trouble getting my number ported but once I did, I got a phone call from a CSA letting me know it looked good on their end. As far as I know, my phone has worked fine since then, but today I got an email saying the next step in my sign up process is porting my number! 

Is this likely an accidental email or is there something going on? I don't know if I should be concerned.

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mjcarter  - you can check the phone number your current account is registered to here on your self serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-plan/

If the number is what you expect it to be, then you can likely safely ignore your communication you received. But ensure you do not approve any porting request at this point, it would be odd 2 months in.

If the number is different, what happens when you call the number you porting over? If it goes to your old provider voicemail, you can request the port to be done through your self serve account under the "Change Number" option under your My Profile section.

If still issues and the number seems with your old provider, ask PM Customer Support for help.

Two ways to reach them also found in the Get Help articles here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mjcarter 

I hope it isn’t SIM swapping but to be for sure.

Check your account to see if your Account Status is still Active.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mjcarter   You can ignore the comment from another well respected member about Google the phone number.  The email means you request to porting passed 30 days and your porting request was cancelled.  Porting team, even you call, would not be able to help

But , I think important question is, are you receiving calls on your PM SIM?  and did you check your old provider and see if you are still paying them in the last 2 months?  If you ported your number and it went successfully, your old provider would have closed your account and incoming calls should be going to your PM SIM

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mjcarter 

If you have been recieving incoming calling on your phone and your old provider account is closed then your number ported successfully. You can double check by looking at the number listed on your self serve account. If a phone number is not ported successfully after 30 days pm automatically reassigns you a phone number on your account so that you can recieve incoming calling. The email was likely sent in error.....a common issue for pm is sending out errant emails and texts.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Once you presumably resolved it and got the phone call from the CSA letting you know it was good, did you check your settings to confirm the number was ported? If so and it has gone on for 2 months without issue, it very well could be an email in error, but best to confirm regardless. If you did confirm the number was ported and it was working properly for as long as it has it would be odd for it all of a sudden be an issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.