cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxing your Data

HannaG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please let me know what happens if I max my data.  Does my phone data just stop being available to me or does it keep giving me data but charge me on my next bill?  I would prefer my data to just stop working rather than have a surprise on my bill the following billing cycle.

7 REPLIES 7

HannaG

Hi Rict,

Can you clarify if you were responding about add on data expiring in 30 days or add on call minutes expiring too?  Another citizen says phone call add-on minutes do not expire each month.  So just needed this clarified.  Thanks.

@HannaG  "Thank you.  Is this the same way for my phone minutes which is only 100 mins. "  

Yes. If you run out of minutes and need more that month you can buy an add on.  Unlike data add-ons the phone call minutes do not expire until you have used them. 

Rict

The good news if you do an add-on it takes effect immediately.

the bad news the addon is only good for 30days. It used to carry over but new policy is 30day expiration.

HannaG

Thank you.  Is this the same way for my phone minutes which is only 100 mins. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

As others have said, it just stops except for some of the 5G plans which are currently unlimited data but throttled when the stated data allotment is used - except for the 5G Canada/US plans which are not unlimited and those will presumably just stop.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @HannaG 

if you are on 4G/3G or Canada-US plan, your data will just stops working after it is maxed out.  You will need to buy extra data add-on.  So, it is no surprise here

but if you are on 5G plans, then your data will still work for free but at a slower speed, 512Kbps

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Morning @HannaG 

Yup. It just stops. Once your data allotment is done, no more internet. Only option is to use WiFi or purchase a data add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.