cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard debit

Confuzzled
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There seems to be no consensus on whether mastercard debit can be used as a payment method. Can anyone tell me definitively whether it should work, and how to solve whatever issue is causing mine not to?

7 REPLIES 7

Papa_Bear

Mastercard debit is no problem on Public Mobile's side. However I recently spoke with a Simplii Financial rep and they have a known issue relating to their tech and incompatibility with some vendors including Public Mobile. They are hoping to resolve the issue soon.

Right. As I said, we've been seeing several reports of that card not working here. Debit or credit?

@Confuzzled 

It should work because Simplii is CIBC.

I would suggest you contact a CS_Agent by private message on the envelope icon on your computer or tap on your avatar then Messages>pen/paper icon to investigate why it is not working.

Confuzzled

Simplii.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

All we can do is read the complaints here. The official wording is actually contradictory here and there. We have been recently seeing people having difficulty with Simplii cards. We used to read of some brands working before when there was no official mention of Mastercard Debit.

What brand are you trying to use?

@Confuzzled wrote:

There seems to be no consensus on whether mastercard debit can be used as a payment method. Can anyone tell me definitively whether it should work, and how to solve whatever issue is causing mine not to?

Public Mobile has officially staed that Mastercard Debit is fully accepted.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Confuzzled  It should work . Also note that too many attempts can cause an hour lock before try again .  But that’s not to say there hasn’t been some who had no luck with it or needed support to help with it 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.