cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marc Dube

marcj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Im having some trouble logging into my Public Mobile account I changed my service provider and phone numner but cant log into my account.

15 REPLIES 15

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you ported your number to other provider, your PM is closed forever and you cannot log in anymore.

@marcj @I’m still not clear on which provider your are currently with and using at this moment , but if you dont have old SIM card to previous carrier you won’t be able to port your old number yourself , because that old sim is needed to reply YES to a confirmation text to port from old provider … so if you have already done so then you have infact already ported and that’s why you can’t sign in public mobile 

Your wording is still unclear. Did you change provider TO here or did you change provider FROM here? Or did you change your number internally here?

marcj

Yes I changed provider and lost my old sim card and cant veify my account via text

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marcj 

Try logging into your rewards account instead to see if you have the same issue?

Well, you said changed provider and number so I jumped to my conclusion.

Is your service working here and does it say Public Mobile?

When you call someone does it show your intended number?

@marcj @To change email you need help with agent 

Getting help from agent , through automation

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.      

Or  get direct help from a agent right here in the community ( my preferred choice )

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

marcj

For some reason its not recognizing my email for my account. Something is screwy and I need to talk to a service rep but Im having trouble with that because I cant verify my email.

Okay if you didn't Port out (yet) @marcj, you should still be able to access your self-serve account here. 

• Try clearing cache and cookies and opening an incognito tab
  • Try using a completely different browser from a completely different device which does not have stored/remembered credentials
  • If using a device with stored/remembered credentials on Chrome browser, sometimes when these autofill, the device also attempts to automatically log you in.  If a device does this, do not tap the sign in button while it is trying to log you in as it will deliver an error message

Also, try tapping the highlighted area when logged into self-serve for a refreshed page version:

HALIMACS_0-1672768820868.png

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@marcj 

Sorry but once you port out, your account is closed and you can't login anymore.

marcj

Ok yes I changed my number I dont think I ported out

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@marcj @Did you change provider to pm or from pm 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marcj 

Porting out automatically closes your self serve account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yup, porting out closes the account. It's the same with other providers.

Just keep an eye out on your credit card at the time your plan would have renewed if you stayed to watch for any charges from here. There are odd reports of charges continuing after porting out.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing cache and cookies and opened it incognito tab, then login again

(Edit: The above comment presumes you are moving here, and not elsewhere? )

Need Help? Let's chat.