cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Makeing calls

KingAlfredo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just swapped to public mobile yesterday (30+ hours ago) my text messages haven't been going through and it says I'm all out of call minutes when trying to make a call. Data works just fine. I had got the 40$ plan yesterday but thought maybe it was a problem with that specific plan. So today I spent another 45$ on that plan to try to get it working. Again same thing. Can't call. Can't text. Just data even tho the plan says it has it.

9 REPLIES 9

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you did not receive a text then send a message to a CS Agent using this link. They will trigger the process again. Answer "YES" to the Sasktel message within 90 minutes to complete the port.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KingAlfredo 

Sasktel would have sent a text to your phone account with them asking if you wanted your number ported out. I will pm you a number to call tomorrow morning to ask to port your number out again. Check email icon on this page.

You should also ask an agent to look into your account if you had actually paid twice and ask for a credit. 

• you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

ottawa

And when you get that text from the losing provider, you have 30min to answer "yes" (or something) for the port to proceed. Which means keeping the SaskTel SIM in your phone until then. I had trouble with this because all my earlier ports were either landlines or before this extra security, so of course I had the PM SIM in the phone and ready to go (but then had to put the Bell SIM back in to do this step).

KingAlfredo

Hmm I guess nothing that specifically says that Sasktel has done it. How would I go about fixing that? 

Hollister

@KingAlfredo 

I just want to confirm that you got the text from Sasktel that you wanted to port your number out?

KingAlfredo

I unfortunately don't have another phone to test it on

KingAlfredo

Yeah I brought over a number from my last provider (Sasktel) not sure how to reset network settings but I'll look into that. It says I have no minutes available tho

Hollister

@KingAlfredo 

Have you tried putting a 1 in front of the number you are calling/texting?

Also try reinstalling sim card, reset network settings.

Did you port a number in?

Abheer

Did you try the SIM Card on a different phone to see if that is working then?

Need Help? Let's chat.