cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS picture messages slow

VK01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with Public since last fall on a 4G plan.  A few days ago I upgraded to Pixel 7 Pro from an older Samsung phone.  

Sending MMS messages with pictures is now incredibly slow.  The messages generally take several attempts to successfully send.  I have tried clearing the Messages app cache and app data per a suggested I read elsewhere with no improvement 

I have no issues with regular texts, and never had this issue on my old Samsung.

Another family member also upgraded the Pixel 7 Pro and is having the same issues.

8 REPLIES 8

@VK01 glad it is working now.  Let's hope it is just a short term problem. Sometime it is due to 5G upgrade and it affects LTE during their work.  Maybe it will be back to normal in 2 weeks

VK01

@Dunkman It's definitely a localized issues, I just came back from a different part of my neighborhood and the speeds on both my PM and Bell phones were normal.  My picture messages went through immediately.

[self help to the rescue ..... Luddite]

It was an unfortunate coincidence that this happened at the same time I upgraded my phone.

Thanks all!

@VK01 

That would make sense. Maybe the nearest cell tower is having issues.  

If you put your SIM card back to the old Samsung, the Samsung should also have the same problem. 

Check:

https://www.telus.com/en/qc/outages

VK01

Hi @Dunkman , my plan just renewed a few days ago.  I verified in my account that I have almost the full 15GB left.  I also verified the APN settings before.

I am thinking now this may be a localized issue.  My work phone is with Bell (shared towers with Telus) and instead of getting 5G speeds as it normally does it too is getting 1Mbps when on mobile data.  

@VK01 wrote:

Hi, I hadn't really noticed because I've used only mobile data for email in the last few days but yes after trying data now that seems the be the problem.  Speed Test is coming in with around 1Mbps.  It's usually in the 30's or 40's near my house.

I tried resetting the network settings but that did not improve the data speed.

@VK01 

Check your self service account to see whether you still have data left to use for this payment cycle.  

You can also check the APN settings for data:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@VK01 

Maybe try a different messaging app.  

It is unlikely a PM service issues, but a hardware setup issue.  

Here is one article I found on line:

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-fix-slow-messaging-on-your-pixel-1848921960

Even a factory reset?  

VK01

Hi, I hadn't really noticed because I've used only mobile data for email in the last few days but yes after trying data now that seems the be the problem.  Speed Test is coming in with around 1Mbps.  It's usually in the 30's or 40's near my house.

I tried resetting the network settings but that did not improve the data speed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @VK01 is your internet generally slow too?

try Reswr All Network snonce and it could help

Need Help? Let's chat.