cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS messages won't download

ErinCampbell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently I receive MMS messages twice in a row and they show an arrow to download not the message but they won't download I get a pop up that there is an error downloading them. My data is turned on I have made no changes. I have a one plus 7 t. 

Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

@ErinCampbell wrote:

I ended up speaking with someone from public mobile they updated their proxy server recently and some older cell phones did not update it automatically. He gave me new information to put in the settings. I used the actual tech support bot to get this done. 

Good to know you managed to resolve your issue! Thank you for your feedback.

When using a bot how can you be sure you talked to live person? Or you just followed advises from bot?

ErinCampbell

I ended up speaking with someone from public mobile they updated their proxy server recently and some older cell phones did not update it automatically. He gave me new information to put in the settings. I used the actual tech support bot to get this done. 

flong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm getting the exact same issue, where certain contacts' MMS messages just hang on downloading, while other contacts are working normally. Anybody ever get an answer on this one?

I've tried all the usual fixes, nothing seems to work yet. Handset is Sony XZ2

ErinCampbell

Cleared cached. Not sure what you mean by clear data and mobile data is on but I turned it off and back on. Didn't work tried rebooting after still didn't work. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@ErinCampbell 

go to messages app clear cache and clear data,
and turn on your mobile data,

HI @ErinCampbell   Can you try to uninstall Signal without reinstall it?  Try it that way just in case Signal screw up things

Also, try to ask more than 1 friend to send you a small pictures in mms., just in case the file size issue

ErinCampbell

I have rebooted my phone. Uninstalled the signal app reinstalled the signal app. Tried using the messages app in place of signal still same situation And rebooted again. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Since DATA is On, did you try to reboot phone?

ErinCampbell

It's all MMS messages from multiple people and it previously worked from those individuals. 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ErinCampbell hi is it happening with all mms or just from a certain individual? it may be an issue on their end 

Need Help? Let's chat.