cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Issues

uhhhhh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For months now my phone has been unable to receive images or group text messages. when one is sent, my device shows a download icon with text stating "tap to download". nothing ever downloads when i try. i have tried everything on the internet to fix it and nothing works. looking for any advice or suggestions. im unfortunately going to have to change providers this month because of this issue even though im otherwise happy with public mobile. please help!

8 REPLIES 8

uhhhhh

hi thank you so much for your reply! you are the only one so far that has come close, a lot better than "turn your data on" haha. i tried the same things as you so far, and have also noticed a random Telus one popping up out of nowhere which also was pointing to the wrong apn network. actually 2 telus ones popped up, identical other than the first line that just says the name. i didn't think of looking at it though i did try connecting. after your comment, i tried switching the second line that says apn bc that was the only one that was different on either of the new telus ones. so far it has not worked but im really grateful for your comment. thank you so much for putting in so much effort i really appreciate the help!

uhhhhh

i have been using this phone for years without issue and it's always been approved. thank you for the reply, though this has not resolved my issue

Sudso

I have a oneplus 7 pro. I was told by a technician when mms/ group texting stopped working and after doing some troubleshooting, that I would also need to get a new phone as my phone was no longer compatible with the PM network. 

In troubleshooting, we'd done a bunch of things. I changed the apn with the updated settings, I deleted the old apn profiles and created whole new ones. Took the sim card in and out. Powered the phone off and on again. None of these things would work and the assumption was that the old settings were still being used despite everything I did to change them.

Strangely, what ended up working for me was to delete all the apn profiles that were available and after some time a telus apn profile popped up. I looked at that apn and everything was how it should be except for which network the apn was pointing to. So I switched that setting to sp.mb.com and bing bang boom my phone was once again compatible with the PM network.

Mohawk44
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If your not on the list of approved phones it won't work. Though some phones not on the list of you update the APN settings. My Cubot King Kong 9 even with updated APN settings, it doesn't work. Phones bought from online stores outside of Canada have this issue. 

uhhhhh

hi! im happy to get your advice but unfortunately it has not fixed my issue. i was happy when i saw the updates in Feburary because I thought it might finally be the fix to my problem but the new settings have not resolved it so far. thank you so much though

uhhhhh

hi! i appreciate the reply. my data has been on, currently have 39gb available. unfortunately, ive tried resetting all networks and switching to a different app. thank you though! also i am on android, a OnePlus phone

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @uhhhhh 

this error means your mobile data not turned on.  To send and receive MMS, you need Mobile data on

If still cannot send/receive, try Reset all networks, and try using another app

(and you have Android?)

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@uhhhhh wrote:

For months now my phone has been unable to receive images or group text messages. when one is sent, my device shows a download icon with text stating "tap to download". nothing ever downloads when i try. i have tried everything on the internet to fix it and nothing works. looking for any advice or suggestions. im unfortunately going to have to change providers this month because of this issue even though im otherwise happy with public mobile. please help!

Check APN settings are the same as in this link.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

MMS and MMS proxy settings were changed and the old setting stopped working in February.

Need Help? Let's chat.