cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love PM

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey.  Not a question 

I was roaming the community and saw a lot of posts on how slow PM is to solve issues...  So it prompted me to write this.

I have been a PM client since before the merger.  Like 2012. Yes Pm can be slower then other companies to solve issues but i expect that because i know that it's an all online, self serve company.  Is my phone extremely vital? No.  If i was a business owner i would not choose PM as i would need extremely quick customer service. I would choose a company that caters to entrepreneurs like Videotron or Telus. They have extremely rapid service if you are a business client. They will cater to your needs almost immediately.  

I don't need my phone.  I love my phone but it's not essential. I still have a Home phone line in case of emergency. What worse comes to worse i can use my husbands cell.  

This is what i love about PM

I have had problems with being charged double.  After 2 weeks it was solved. We were credited 110 dollars ( 3 month payment). I was not satisfied as my mom paying 220 in one same month is too much for her.  So they  issued a reimbursement and gave us the credit!!!  That's like 3 months free.

When the server was having troubles for province wide, they gladly gave us intl minutes that i still have!!!!   Listen, i have had issues with videotron service not working for home internet and other then giving me a retro active reimbursement of days lost, i did not get a nice gift like that.

They sometimes give presents of data gig.  I have the 1gig plan data. So it's nice to have extra. Its been like 3gig non expired promo they give and i still have 2 that are untouched!!  

I love the add ons!!!  Seriously. Roam for 15 bucks 10 days.  Love 🤩 this. Add call minuted at 5$ for 500 min none expirable!  So i can get the 15 dollar plan and if i go over no problem. Incoming is unlimited.  Basically my daughter calls me and says mom calle back. Sure thing !

I have a 25 dollar plan. I pay 14 bucks  a month!!!  5 year customer so 5$ a month off, auto pay 2$ a month off, i have referred like 4 or 5 customers.  

I don't know any other company that is cheaper. Chatr maybe but have you seen their zone coverage!!  No thank you.  We are getting premium coverage.   It's insane.    

I wish they had an all unlimited voice plan at 10 bucks but 15 bucks dropping down to 13 with auto pay is fair game. You even get 250 MBs if auto pay. And unlimited incoming calls.  I have searched high and low. Unless i was in bc with shaw, no other company carters to ppl wanting to pay as little as possible.  

I don't think it compares with high gig users.  Multiple times i have attempted to refer a friend who is high gig user but it comes way more expensive.  Way way way more.  If your using 80 gig a month this is not for you. But i don't think that is their aim anyways. Telus and koodo have great promos for that kind of user. It's the lower end cost and promos that pm is aiming for. And they do such a good job.  Between me and my husband with all rewards, for unlimited talk text Canada wide and 1 gig Each, we pay 36$  a month for 2 lines!!  Add my daughter's watch,  48 for 3 plans!!!!  And every year price goes down.   Hey what's not to love. Seriously!!!

Good job guys!!  Sorry you dont hear much from ppl who love PM!!!  

7 REPLIES 7

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Nikita Happy to know your experience. I agree with you. PM is very great in the long run😊

@Nikita 

Great post! I'm with you on this one....I say it often "I love my phone company!" When I joined I knew it was online service only and I was a technologically challenged technophobe. I had a crash course on the basics and a steep learning curve if I was going to refer friends and family. I was sold on the cheap plan prices and enticed by the "Earn rewards to lower your bill to $0!"

I've had almost every nightmare issue you can experience and many excellent bonuses, glitches and resolutions. By far the positives/benefits have far outweighed the negatives. And public mobile and the moderators go out of their way to turn a negative experience into a positive one...especially if you ask! It's almost glitch=freebie. And then there are just those positive glitches ( like the old "ghost" referrals.) If pm messes up a little give and take goes a long way because when we mess up pm makes it right unlike a lot of providers who will happily reap the benefits of your misfortune.

Unlike myself and the many glitches my two accounts have gone thru and my bf's propensity to lose/break/kill phones (he has a sonim xp8 now if he doesn't lose it...it's got a forseeable future!) my referrals have not had a single issue after activation. Sure the bf gets the lost/stolen rewards don't apply glitch but that's a 50/50 issue between him and pm.

The freebies have been great....and anyone who has seen my screenshots of my accounts' plan features and add ons section know that I don't how pm will be able to squeeze the next gift into that section on the overview page! 

Those enticing rewards that mesmerized me at the very beginning started to pay out in no time at all after switching my first account. Sure its only the $10 50/50 plan but that became the $0 plan on its second renewal. My second account took a little longer and enjoyed an extra long discounted promo that by the time it ran out and I downgraded to the $15 plan it coincided reward neutrality with my accounts....so technically another $0 plan on its10th renewal. $25 in plan costs and $25 in rewards. My rewards now fluctuate between $28 and $36 per month between the two accounts with $4 in loyalty to come on each account and a nice earned credit to pad each one. $554 in rewards so far with my two year anniversary in a few more months.

That wide eyed freshman bewildered by the world wide web and all the technology displayed within a phone and the online world survived the "hazing" of many activations ( mine and my referrals) as pointman to graduate from public mobile's community college to get work on my "masters" of help and one day work on my doctorate?😃

I have no complaints...I LOVE PM TOO!!

Fortunately, @hTideGnow , the activation process (or at least the front-end pages), have changed significantly in recent weeks.

It does appear that newer customers have had less activation-related issues.   (perhaps similar porting-related issues, but less activation-related issues).    Indeed, many of the porting related issues are because folks fail to leave their old SIM in device to get the port text authorization to allow prior provider to release the number.

So far, all has been mostly good for the three users here...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

I am lucky.  I don't have too many issues encountered so far other than during activation. 

PM does not offer directly calling or online chat services like Rogers/Bell/Telus.  But honest, how often people have to call their provider once they got through the activation?

If I have to suggest  PM for improvement, I would say activation process and Autopay.  Those are the main area that caused confusion and anger.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Fantastic, @Nikita 

It's great of you to remind us all why we have wisely chosen to move to Public Mobile.

Three of us have moved to PM within the past 8 months (from 2 other different providers).  The other is waiting on a phone "contract" to expire before dumping their current provider.

For people who are eager to experiment and try new things, they will be impressed at the various loyalty and other rewards that comes with patronage to Public Mobile. 

For others who don't know, oh well, more for us!!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nikita  glad you are enjoying the service.

Yes, when people are frustrated they will voice out loud.   But when people are happy, most people wont share.. Glad you are pouring some positive energy into the Community!! 

Need Help? Let's chat.