cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone, my login credentials are not working, cannot log in

SignmeUplease
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my email address on my account, but now that login doesn't seem to work. I need to change my plan, but I lost / misplaced my phone so I'm stuck. I've set up this second community account because I wasn't able to login using those credentials either.

I also wondered why I don't seem to have any Public Mobile password change confirmation in any of my email accounts. I can't seem to verify whether my new email address was validated.

How do I recover my email address without having my phone? Help, please! I'm desperate because I can't be sure my phone won't be found by someone else and used to make calls. Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Joy

8 REPLIES 8

@SignmeUplease 

Look in your private message box for a reply from the moderators. It is the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen.

SignmeUplease

I did already submit a ticket with most of the information you listed below, so I'm still waiting for a reply. It wasn't clear whether or not it was accepted and I can't seem to locate where I would look up the ticket I've submitted using this community profile and therefore any replies. So, I am trying this route.

I'll keep coming in and checking. I should mention that I have been having serious brain fog due to anxiety so it's especially challenging that I've lost my phone AND my login credentials. I've checked ALL the email addresses I have and attempted to recover my password from each but it doesn't even recognize these emails. I have no way of confirming what the email address was that I recently changed it to without my phone.

Thanks!

Joy

@SignmeUplease wrote:

I did try my old login credentials but they didn't work.

Thanks for replying.

Warmly,

Joy

Did you try Forgot Password?   You will get a reset link in your mailbox

If for whatever reason it still not work, open a ticket with Mod and they can reset it for you or find out which email address you used:

at the chat bubble, type "I forgot my Self Serve user name", then click "Contact Us" and then click " Click here to submit a ticket" 

You will then directed to another page and then will be asked to use your Community Login (Not My account/Self-Serve) to validate yourself.

SignmeUplease

Actually, I requested the email address be changed on the self serve account as well as the community account so that they would be the same. At the time I even successfully logged out then logged back in without any issues. Now, neither the old credentials or the new credentials seem to work.

I tried requesting a password reset, but it's not accepting any of the email addresses that I have nor any password that I would normally use. I'm in panic mode now.

Thanks for replying.

Joy

SignmeUplease

I did try my old login credentials but they didn't work.

Thanks for replying.

Warmly,

Joy

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SignmeUplease 

Explain the situation to the moderators. Include both your old and new email addresses. Along with the info below they will be able to determine if you are the account holder.  You can then gain access to your account and suspend your service via lost stolen.

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@SignmeUplease , be careful with email address for the community account vs email address for the self serve account.  You can change the community account email address yourself but a moderator is needed to do the self serve account email address change.  If you did not go through the moderators, you likely still have the original email address for the self serve account.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SignmeUplease wrote:

I recently changed my email address on my account, but now that login doesn't seem to work. I need to change my plan, but I lost / misplaced my phone so I'm stuck. I've set up this second community account because I wasn't able to login using those credentials either.

I also wondered why I don't seem to have any Public Mobile password change confirmation in any of my email accounts. I can't seem to verify whether my new email address was validated.

How do I recover my email address without having my phone? Help, please! I'm desperate because I can't be sure my phone won't be found by someone else and used to make calls. Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Joy

Hello @SignmeUplease ,

You said you recently changed your email on your Self Serve account? Does the old email still work for logging in? Maybe the change as not fully completed yet.

Try the Forgot your password for both emails and see if that will allow you to log in.

If still issues ask Moderator to help.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.