cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim

Laiba1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I created an prepaid account and paid for a subscription package but I lost my sim & I’m unable to enter my account using my eversafe ID  because it’s sending a verification code to a number that I lost the sim for. 
How can I cancel this sim & add a number sim and sim and number & get a refund for the old one?

11 REPLIES 11

HI @Laiba1 

an easy way is to just submit a ticket with PM agent and they will help

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

or if you have time , try to login My Account, on the security code page, click Didn't receive code and check if email option is there.  Click send email to receive the code.   When you are logged in, go to Profile, click on the pencil beside the sim card, then update the sim card number

Laiba1

Ok I just got a new physical sim. I can’t get into my account to swap it; please tell me how to contact someone to change my sim number on my account 

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Laiba1 

E-sims are $5 but you need to access your account to buy an e-sim. If you have a new Sim card just get it swapped out. Just bite the bullet of the $10 because you lost your Sim card. You are creating more hassle for yourself than its worth to try and save a few dollars?

Laiba1

Yes my phone is e sim compatible, how can I get an e sim without paying for the subscription again?

@Laiba1  No you don't need a new subscription if you already paid for a plan, you just need to change the sim on the account.  The sim cost is separate from the plan.  The original sim with a new account is free at the moment but not a replacement when it got lost.  If you prefer an esim is your phone compatible?  

Laiba1

But I paid for subscription, if u buy a new sim through the app do I need to buy need subscription as well? 

@Laiba1 wrote:

Will this work if I get en e-sim on a new account? Can I get refunded for my old sim after?

Sorry, but repalcement physical SIM cards aren't free.

Laiba1

Will this work if I get en e-sim on a new account? Can I get refunded for my old sim after?

RavingRaven

@Laiba1 

You can submit a ticket via the chatbot by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right or send a private message by clicking below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Laiba1

I’ve got a new sim; I’ve been trying to contact customer support but I can’t find any number or Email? How can I contact them?

RavingRaven

@Laiba1 

You just need a new Sim card. Purchase one from a corporate Telus or Koodo store or Mobile Klinik (call ahead to make sure they stock PM Sim cards) for $10. Or order off Amazon or see if Canadian Cell Supplies have them in stock. (All are quicker than PM's shipping.)

Once recieved contact customer support to swap Sim cards in your account. Then you have service and access to your account back.

Need Help? Let's chat.